Register for National Car Rental’s Lucrative One Two Free Promo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
My favorite car rental program promotion is back! National’s Emerald Club just launched its long-running One Two Free promo, giving you an opportunity to score a free day after just two rentals — while still racking up rental credits at the usual rate.
Rentals of two days or longer within the 50 United States, D.C. and select locations in Latin America and the Caribbean qualify for One Two Free. You’ll receive 300 points for every four consecutive rental days — since each redemption requires 600 points, a single 8-day rental will earn you a Free Rental Day certificate, as an example.
You have between now and February 29, 2020 to earn credits towards the promotion — your vehicle just needs to be picked up by February 29; you can return it at a later date and still earn credit under the promotion. There are a handful of other opportunities to rack up points, too — see this page for full details.
Free Rental Day coupons should appear in your account within 48 hours of your points posting — which could take up to five days after you return your vehicle. You can redeem up to three Free Rental Day coupons for each rental, but coupons earned through this promotion expire at midnight on June 15, 2020. Unfortunately they can’t be gifted to another driver, so be sure to redeem them for your own rentals before then.
If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Platinum Card® from American Express, which both give cardholders Emerald Executive status with National as a benefit, you can enjoy even more perks like reserving full-sized cars or better at a mid-size price and no second driver fees.
For more on how to maximize your return, see Your Points, Miles and Loyalty Guide to National Car Rental.
Featured photo by Luke Sharrett/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.