Register for National Car Rental’s Lucrative One Two Free Promo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
My favorite car rental program promotion is back! National’s Emerald Club just launched its long-running One Two Free promo, giving you an opportunity to score a free day after just two rentals — while still racking up rental credits at the usual rate.
Rentals of two days or longer within the 50 United States, D.C. and select locations in Latin America and the Caribbean qualify for One Two Free. You’ll receive 300 points for every four consecutive rental days — since each redemption requires 600 points, a single 8-day rental will earn you a Free Rental Day certificate, as an example.
You have between now and February 29, 2020 to earn credits towards the promotion — your vehicle just needs to be picked up by February 29; you can return it at a later date and still earn credit under the promotion. There are a handful of other opportunities to rack up points, too — see this page for full details.
Free Rental Day coupons should appear in your account within 48 hours of your points posting — which could take up to five days after you return your vehicle. You can redeem up to three Free Rental Day coupons for each rental, but coupons earned through this promotion expire at midnight on June 15, 2020. Unfortunately they can’t be gifted to another driver, so be sure to redeem them for your own rentals before then.
If you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the Platinum Card® from American Express, which both give cardholders Emerald Executive status with National as a benefit, you can enjoy even more perks like reserving full-sized cars or better at a mid-size price and no second driver fees. Enrollment required.
For more on how to maximize your return, see Your Points, Miles and Loyalty Guide to National Car Rental.
Featured photo by Luke Sharrett/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees