National Aviation Day: TPG staffers share their most AvGeek-y moments
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Happy National Aviation Day!
But we didn’t want to let the day pass unnoticed, even in this most unusual of years. Instead, we’re hoping you’ll enjoy some of our staffers’ favorite AvGeek moments that we’ve resurfaced in this post from last year.
And here’s hoping to a 2021 where we’re all back in the sky again for the next National Aviation Day. Until then, stay safe!
Scott Mayerowitz, Executive Editorial Editor
Alberto Riva, Former Managing Editor
Emily McNutt, Global News Editor
Benét Wilson, Credit Cards Editor
Wallace Cotton, Community Manager
Summer Hull, Editorial Director
Victoria Walker; Points, Miles and Deals Reporter
Zach Griff, Travel Analyst
JT Genter, Former Senior Points and Miles Writer
Benji Stawski, TPG Contributor
Zach Honig, Editor-at-Large
Can’t make it to Maho Beach for a little planespotting to celebrate this holiday? Check out these 5 must-see museum and tours for aviation enthusiasts, or turn on one of these 10 great aviation documentaries.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by aviation-images.com/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.