This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If there’s one thing TPG staffers love more than the thrill of the points and miles game, it’s the art (and science) of aviation. From regional jets to the A380, planes are a religion around these parts.
In honor of August 19, National Aviation Day (which should be a national holiday, if you ask us), we’re sharing a few of our most memorable AvGeek moments.
Scott Mayerowitz, Executive Editorial Editor
Alberto Riva, Managing Editor
Emily McNutt, Global News Editor
Benét Wilson, Credit Cards Editor
Ned Russell, Aviation Reporter
Wallace Cotton, Community Manager
Summer Hull, Editorial Director
Victoria Walker; Points, Miles and Deals Reporter
Zach Griff, Travel Analyst
JT Genter, Senior Points and Miles Writer
Benji Stawski, TPG Contributor
Zach Honig, Editor-at-Large
Can’t make it to Maho Beach for a little planespotting to celebrate this holiday? Check out these 5 must-see museum and tours for aviation enthusiasts, or turn on one of these 10 great aviation documentaries.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by aviation-images.com/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees