National Aviation Day: TPG staffers share their most AvGeek-y moments
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Happy National Aviation Day!
But we didn’t want to let the day pass unnoticed, even in this most unusual of years. Instead, we’re hoping you’ll enjoy some of our staffers’ favorite AvGeek moments that we’ve resurfaced in this post from last year.
And here’s hoping to a 2021 where we’re all back in the sky again for the next National Aviation Day. Until then, stay safe!
Scott Mayerowitz, Executive Editorial Editor
Alberto Riva, Former Managing Editor
Emily McNutt, Global News Editor
Benét Wilson, Credit Cards Editor
Wallace Cotton, Community Manager
Summer Hull, Editorial Director
Victoria Walker; Points, Miles and Deals Reporter
Zach Griff, Travel Analyst
JT Genter, Former Senior Points and Miles Writer
Benji Stawski, TPG Contributor
Zach Honig, Editor-at-Large
Can’t make it to Maho Beach for a little planespotting to celebrate this holiday? Check out these 5 must-see museum and tours for aviation enthusiasts, or turn on one of these 10 great aviation documentaries.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by aviation-images.com/Universal Images Group via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees