JetBlue Expands Mint Network With New Routes to the Caribbean and Latin America
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue’s Mint business-class product is widely regarded as one of the best flying in the domestic skies. Between its small cabin, comfortable lie-flat seat, premium food options by Saxon + Parole and reasonable price, it’s a passenger favorite. The product, which has generally been reserved for transcon flights and some Caribbean seasonal routes, is now expanding.
On Thursday, JetBlue announced a Mint route expansion — this time, to more Latin America and Caribbean destinations. Later this year, JetBlue will begin offering Mint service on seasonal Saturday routes between New York (JFK) and Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR). In addition, it’ll add the same seasonal Saturday Mint service between Boston (BOS) and St. Lucia (UVF).
Beginning December 15, 2018, the JFK-LIR Mint route will operate on Saturdays with Mint on the following schedule:
- B6 1691 New York (JFK) 10:25am Departure ⇒ Liberia (LIR) 2:49pm Arrival
- B6 1692 Liberia (LIR) 4:15pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 10:14pm Arrival
Beginning November 3, 2018, JetBlue will launch Mint on Saturday service BOS-UVF on the following schedule:
- B6 363 Boston (BOS) 7:30am Departure ⇒ St. Lucia (UVF) 12:19pm Arrival
- B6 364 St. Lucia (UVF) 1:44pm Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 6:59pm Arrival
In addition to the new Mint routes, JetBlue also included as part of Thursday’s announcement that it will bring back its seasonal Mint service between both JFK and BOS and St. Maarten (SXM). The routes will resume on February 16, 2019, for both cities.
JFK to St. Maarten (SXM) will operate on the following schedule on Saturdays:
- B6 1487 New York (JFK) 10:55am Departure ⇒ St. Maarten (SXM) 3:52pm Arrival
- B6 1488 St. Maarten (SXM) 5:30pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 9:07pm
Boston to SXM will operate on the following schedule on Saturdays:
- B6 77 Boston (BOS) 7:10am Departure ⇒ St. Maarten (SXM) 12:20pm Arrival
- B6 78 St. Maarten (SXM) 1:45pmpm Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 5:17pm
On all of the newly announced routes, tickets are now available for purchase. One-way fares seem to hover around the $700 mark — or about 50,000 TrueBlue points. However, on some dates, Mint is pricing out at less than $300 one-way — in fact, cheaper than an economy ticket! These fares likely won’t be around for long, so you’ll want to book sooner rather than later.
These flights will be operated by JetBlue’s Mint-equipped A321 aircraft. At Farnborough Air Show, which concluded earlier this month, JetBlue placed an order for Airbus’ latest aircraft, the A220. However, it remains unclear at this point if those new aircraft will feature the carrier’s famed Mint product.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.