JetBlue Expands Mint Network With New Routes to the Caribbean and Latin America
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue’s Mint business-class product is widely regarded as one of the best flying in the domestic skies. Between its small cabin, comfortable lie-flat seat, premium food options by Saxon + Parole and reasonable price, it’s a passenger favorite. The product, which has generally been reserved for transcon flights and some Caribbean seasonal routes, is now expanding.
On Thursday, JetBlue announced a Mint route expansion — this time, to more Latin America and Caribbean destinations. Later this year, JetBlue will begin offering Mint service on seasonal Saturday routes between New York (JFK) and Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR). In addition, it’ll add the same seasonal Saturday Mint service between Boston (BOS) and St. Lucia (UVF).
Beginning December 15, 2018, the JFK-LIR Mint route will operate on Saturdays with Mint on the following schedule:
- B6 1691 New York (JFK) 10:25am Departure ⇒ Liberia (LIR) 2:49pm Arrival
- B6 1692 Liberia (LIR) 4:15pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 10:14pm Arrival
Beginning November 3, 2018, JetBlue will launch Mint on Saturday service BOS-UVF on the following schedule:
- B6 363 Boston (BOS) 7:30am Departure ⇒ St. Lucia (UVF) 12:19pm Arrival
- B6 364 St. Lucia (UVF) 1:44pm Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 6:59pm Arrival
In addition to the new Mint routes, JetBlue also included as part of Thursday’s announcement that it will bring back its seasonal Mint service between both JFK and BOS and St. Maarten (SXM). The routes will resume on February 16, 2019, for both cities.
JFK to St. Maarten (SXM) will operate on the following schedule on Saturdays:
- B6 1487 New York (JFK) 10:55am Departure ⇒ St. Maarten (SXM) 3:52pm Arrival
- B6 1488 St. Maarten (SXM) 5:30pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 9:07pm
Boston to SXM will operate on the following schedule on Saturdays:
- B6 77 Boston (BOS) 7:10am Departure ⇒ St. Maarten (SXM) 12:20pm Arrival
- B6 78 St. Maarten (SXM) 1:45pmpm Departure ⇒ Boston (BOS) 5:17pm
On all of the newly announced routes, tickets are now available for purchase. One-way fares seem to hover around the $700 mark — or about 50,000 TrueBlue points. However, on some dates, Mint is pricing out at less than $300 one-way — in fact, cheaper than an economy ticket! These fares likely won’t be around for long, so you’ll want to book sooner rather than later.
These flights will be operated by JetBlue’s Mint-equipped A321 aircraft. At Farnborough Air Show, which concluded earlier this month, JetBlue placed an order for Airbus’ latest aircraft, the A220. However, it remains unclear at this point if those new aircraft will feature the carrier’s famed Mint product.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees