This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World Airline News is reporting that Phoenix-based Mesa Airlines, a regional carrier for American Airlines as well as United Airlines, has repainted two of its CRJ-900s in a new Mesa livery. Previously, these two Mesa aircraft had been painted in the American livery.
The freshly-painted planes have a simple design, with an all-white fuselage and a black tail showing the current Mesa Airlines logo. WAN is reporting that the two CRJs sporting this new livery are based at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and as you might have guessed fly mostly for American Airlines.
Unless you’re a frequent flyer, you might not be familiar with Mesa Airlines. Mesa was founded in 1980, has 133 aircraft operating as American Eagle and United Express. Mesa has a fleet of CRJs as well as Embraer aircraft that service American and United’s regional routes.
Now, Mesa will be showing off its own livery alongside the two main carriers for which it flies regional aircraft. So, AvgGeeks and planespotters keep any eye out at DFW for the new livery.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
The photo of Mesa Airline’s new livery was provided to TPG by AirlinersGallery.com. Photo by Brian Peters.
Featured photo by Aviation-images.com/UIG via Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards