You can now book Mears’ new shuttle service to Disney resorts — Here’s what it’ll cost you
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with new information.
For an overwhelming number of visitors landing at Orlando International Airport (MCO), getting to the Walt Disney World area is the first order of vacation business.
Loyal park visitors got a shock earlier this year when an official statement released by Walt Disney World announced the move to terminate the complimentary Disney’s Magical Express bus service, effective Jan. 1, 2022.
To fill that gap next year, Mears Transportation Group (which currently operates Disney’s Magical Express bus) announced it would launch its own direct shuttle service to Walt Disney World resorts from the airport starting Jan. 2022.
Sign up to receive the daily TPG newsletter for more travel news.
And now, anyone who has a Disney trip planned for next year can start booking the new Mears Connect service for rides beginning Jan. 1, 2022.
Mears Connect service will initially link visitors arriving at MCO to resorts in the Walt Disney World area aboard “high occupancy vehicles” and offer similar amenities — including luggage handling service, return trips and convenient staging at the airport terminal, services enjoyed by passengers on Disney’s Magical Express since 2005.
However, unlike Disney’s Magical Express, Mears Connect isn’t free. There are two tiers of service: Standard, which is a shared ride that makes a few stops en route to your hotel with waits of up to 20 minutes after checking in at the Mears reception area at the airport; and Premium, a direct ride to your resort with no other stops and “limited to no wait time.”
Mears Connect is currently offering “introductory rates” for rides beginning Jan. 1, 2022. Let’s take a look at what it’ll cost you:
- Standard service: $16 each way for adults, $13.50 each way for children (double prices for a round-trip ride)
- Premium service: $200 round-trip for up to four passengers; each additional passenger is $55
You can book your rides now at Mears Connect’s site.
The termination of Disney’s Magical Express Bus is just one of many changes at Walt Disney World to keep in mind when planning a trip in 2021 and beyond.
And while the Disney Magical Express will continue to offer service until its official termination date, luggage delivery is no longer provided for passengers arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
MCO is serviced by ride-hailing services, including Lyft and Uber and airport taxis, too. With these introductory prices for the Mears Connect shuttle, a family may end up saving more by choosing one of those options instead.
Feature image by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees