Mears launching new shuttle service to Disney resorts starting in 2022 — but it’ll cost you
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For an overwhelming number of visitors landing at Orlando International Airport (MCO), getting to the Walt Disney World area is the first order of vacation business.
Loyal park visitors got a shock earlier this year when an official statement released by Walt Disney World announced the move to terminate the complimentary Disney’s Magical Express bus service, effective Jan. 1, 2022.
To fill that gap next year, Mears Transportation Group, which currently operates Disney’s Magical Express bus, has announced it will launch its own direct shuttle service to Walt Disney World resorts from the airport, starting in Jan. 2022.
According to an official statement from the Central Florida transportation company, the Mears Connect service will initially link visitors arriving at MCO to resorts in the Walt Disney World area aboard “high occupancy vehicles” and offer similar amenities — including luggage handling service, return trips and convenient staging at the airport terminal, enjoyed by passengers on Disney’s Magical Express since 2005.
A significant difference, of course, is that the new service will not be free.
While prices have yet to be announced, guests will be able to make reservations for 2022 bookings starting this May, according to the Mears Connect website, where you can sign up for notifications.
“It is important for visitors to know they still have many of the same safe transportation options for their Orlando visit, all offered by the same company who has been providing seamless, economical, and hassle-free transportation for decades,” Roger Chapin, a Mears spokesman, said in an official company statement.
The termination of Disney’s Magical Express Bus is just one of many changes at Walt Disney World to keep in mind when planning a trip in 2021 and beyond.
And while the Disney Magical Express will continue to offer service until its official termination date, luggage delivery is no longer provided for passengers arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
Keep in mind that MCO is serviced by rideshare options like Lyft and Uber and airport taxi service, too, in case the group shuttle thing was never for you, anyway.
Feature image by Summer Hull / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees