Deadline extended to Dec. 31 — Pay just $49 to match your airline elite status to Frontier
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines has extended the deadline to scoop up elite status for as little as $49 to Dec. 31. And — if the odds are high that you will fly Frontier at all in 2021, it’s really a heck of a deal.
If you have elite status with another major U.S. airline and you want to try out elite perks with Frontier Airlines, then mark down that until Dec. 31 you can match your elite status with other major airline loyalty programs to Frontier Airlines. You’ll enjoy all the Frontier status perks until Dec. 31, 2021.
While Frontier Airlines is an ultra-low-cost carrier where most things cost extra, having elite status takes away most of the sting of the airline’s a la carte approach to air travel.
For example, ever since Frontier revamped its loyalty program in 2018, Frontier elite status confers valuable benefits, such as free seat assignments for your whole traveling party, free or discounted Discount Den membership, free extra legroom seats, free checked or carry-on bags, etc.
Frontier says it will only take 72 hours to verify and match your airline status, so you should have the Frontier Miles status perks at your disposal very quickly if you are eligible. I did the match a few weeks ago and indeed, within two days, my newly minted Frontier 50k status was active.
The catch? Remembering the part where everything costs extra at an ultra-low-cost airline — there’s a $49 fee to apply for a status match.
However, if you think you are indeed eligible for the match and plan to fly Frontier in the next year, it’s probably money well spent. With Frontier, many mid and upper-level status perks can be used for your whole family when you travel.
The chart below will tell you which status levels are eligible for matching with Frontier, but the matching levels are pretty logical.
For example, my mid-tier United Gold status matches to Frontier’s mid-tier Elite 50k status.
While I can’t guarantee how the status verification fee will code on your credit card, if you have any relevant airline or travel credits left to use up this year on one of your credit cards, I’d try paying with one of those cards just in case it works. Frontier states the charge will be labeled as “loyalty status.”
To request a status match that will last all through 2021, head to Frontier’s status match site by the newly extended deadline of Dec. 31.
Featured image by Hyoung Chang/The Denver Post/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.