Deadline extended to Dec. 31 — Pay just $49 to match your airline elite status to Frontier
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Airlines has extended the deadline to scoop up elite status for as little as $49 to Dec. 31. And — if the odds are high that you will fly Frontier at all in 2021, it’s really a heck of a deal.
If you have elite status with another major U.S. airline and you want to try out elite perks with Frontier Airlines, then mark down that until Dec. 31 you can match your elite status with other major airline loyalty programs to Frontier Airlines. You’ll enjoy all the Frontier status perks until Dec. 31, 2021.
While Frontier Airlines is an ultra-low-cost carrier where most things cost extra, having elite status takes away most of the sting of the airline’s a la carte approach to air travel.
For example, ever since Frontier revamped its loyalty program in 2018, Frontier elite status confers valuable benefits, such as free seat assignments for your whole traveling party, free or discounted Discount Den membership, free extra legroom seats, free checked or carry-on bags, etc.
Frontier says it will only take 72 hours to verify and match your airline status, so you should have the Frontier Miles status perks at your disposal very quickly if you are eligible. I did the match a few weeks ago and indeed, within two days, my newly minted Frontier 50k status was active.
The catch? Remembering the part where everything costs extra at an ultra-low-cost airline — there’s a $49 fee to apply for a status match.
However, if you think you are indeed eligible for the match and plan to fly Frontier in the next year, it’s probably money well spent. With Frontier, many mid and upper-level status perks can be used for your whole family when you travel.
The chart below will tell you which status levels are eligible for matching with Frontier, but the matching levels are pretty logical.
For example, my mid-tier United Gold status matches to Frontier’s mid-tier Elite 50k status.
While I can’t guarantee how the status verification fee will code on your credit card, if you have any relevant airline or travel credits left to use up this year on one of your credit cards, I’d try paying with one of those cards just in case it works. Frontier states the charge will be labeled as “loyalty status.”
To request a status match that will last all through 2021, head to Frontier’s status match site by the newly extended deadline of Dec. 31.
Featured image by Hyoung Chang/The Denver Post/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees