3 Lufthansa lounges in the US join Priority Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Priority Pass program continues to expand, as it has added three Lufthansa lounges located in U.S. airports to its roster of more than 1,300 lounges around the world.
Priority Pass members will now have access to the Lufthansa Business lounges at New York Airport (JFK), Newark International Airport (EWR) and Washington Dulles Airport (IAD), as first reported by One Mile at a Time.
Sign up to receive the daily TPG newsletter for more travel news!
It’s important to note that access to these lounges for Priority Pass members is limited and v55aries from day to day. Here is when Priority Pass members can visit these lounges while traveling:
- The Lufthansa Business Lounge at JFK Airport, Terminal 1 (JFK): Open to Priority Pass members from 11:45 a..m. – 3:30 p.m. every day except Wednesdays and Sundays
- The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Newark International Airport, Terminal B (EWR): Open to Priority Pass members from 2:30 p.m – 5:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; 2:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- The Lufthansa Business Lounge at Dulles Airport, Concourse B (IAD.): Open to Priority Pass members 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. every day
It’s not clear yet if these lounges are permanent additions to the Priority Pass program or just a temporary move by Lufthansa to earn some more income at a time when lounge traffic is incredibly light. International travel continues to be severely limited because of the pandemic.
The Lufthansa lounge at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) has been part of the Priority Pass portfolio. With the three new additions, the only U.S. Lufthansa airport lounge not part of the Priority Pass program is at Boston’s Logan Airport (BOS).
Regardless, the three-lounge addition is a nice benefit for Priority Pass members and a further enticement for travelers who have been considering a membership. There are several ways to join Priority Pass, including via paid memberships, but the best way to get a membership is via a credit card.
With The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll get a Priority Pass Select membership with two guests included in each entry. Enrollment required. The card has a $695 annual fee (see rates & fees), but you’ll also get access to Delta Sky Clubs when flying with Delta and access to American Express’ own Centurion Lounges. To learn more, check out our review of The Platinum Card from American Express.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve card also offers a Priority Pass Select membership with its $550 fee. The cardholder and up to two guests can get access to Priority Pass lounges, restaurants, cafes and markets.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
Featured image of the Lufthansa lounge at London Heathrow by Daniel Ross/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees