LATAM Airlines moves in with Delta at New York JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The South American carrier will switch to Terminal 4 at JFK, home to Delta’s hub at the airport, on Feb. 1, LATAM said Thursday. The move from Terminal 8, which is home to LATAM’s former partner American Airlines, will facilitate connections with Delta as the two carriers build out their partnership.
Passengers booked in business class on LATAM, as well as Black Signature, Black and Platinum elite members in LATAM’s loyalty program will have access to Delta’s lounge in Terminal 4.
LATAM flies from JFK to four cities: Guayaquil, Ecuador (GYE); Lima (LIM); Santiago, Chile (SCL); and São Paulo Guarulhos (GRU), according to Cirium schedule data.
Delta and LATAM’s Colombia, Ecuador and Peru operating subsidiaries plan to begin codesharing in the first quarter, Delta president Glen Hauenstein said during the airline’s 2019 earnings call on Tuesday. Tie ups with LATAM’s Brazilian and Chilean subsidiaries — its largest operations — are expected later in 2020.
“Moving LATAM’s operations at JFK marks another important milestone in our journey towards offering the best connectivity and customer experience in the Americas,” said Roberto Alvo, commercial chief at LATAM, in a statement. “We are committed to providing a seamless transition for customers… and are working tirelessly to deliver the benefits of the framework agreement with Delta as soon as possible.”
Delta and LATAM surprised most in the airline industry when they announced their partnership in September. The deal pivoted LATAM away from its long-time partner American and out of the Oneworld alliance, and into a new pact with Delta. As part of the agreement, the U.S. carrier bought a 20% stake in LATAM and took 14 of its Airbus A350s.
American has responded with additional flights to LATAM’s hubs in Lima, São Paulo, and Santiago.
Featured image courtesy of LATAM Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees