La Compagnie to resume all-business-class flights between France and NYC this summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the most unique ways to cross the Atlantic in style returns after a pandemic break.
In another promising sign for the resumption of travel between the United States and Europe, French carrier La Compagnie has announced via Twitter that it will resume flights between Paris Orly (ORY) and New York Newark (EWR) from June this year. From July, the carrier will also resume flights between the French Riviera’s Nice (NCE) and New York.
The Paris flights are now on sale for the twice-weekly frequency on Fridays and Sundays from June 13, 2021, increasing to daily from June 25, 2021, though the airline says those days are still pending government authorization. It will tentatively operate on the following schedule:
- BO100 Paris (ORY) 10:30 a.m. Departure ⇒ Newark (EWR) 1:10 p.m. Arrival
- BO101 Newark (EWR) 6:55 p.m. Departure ⇒ Paris (ORY) 8:35 a.m. (+1) Arrival
The Nice flights will operate twice weekly on Mondays and Fridays east-bound, and Tuesdays and Saturdays west-bound as follows from July 2, 2021:
- BO200: Nice (NCE) 1:30 pm Departure ⇒ Newark (EWR) 5:00 p.m. Arrival
- BO201: Newark (EWR) 9:40pm Departure ⇒ Nice (NCE) 12:00 p.m. (+1) Arrival
These frequencies and flight times remain highly subject to change, as the Nice flights suggest very poor aircraft utilization with the proposed schedule.
What makes this airline so unique is that it operates in a business-class-only configuration, with 76 fully flat seats in each of its Airbus A321neo aircraft. As TPG’s Zach Honig discovered in a pre-pandemic review, there are really no bad seats on this aircraft.
“There’s decent privacy, despite the 2-2 arrangement, thanks to the shell design and fixed seat divider,” Honig said. “I did find it to be very comfortable in bed mode, though, especially after adding the comforter from the seat next to me as a mattress pad.”
Unfortunately, La Compagnie flights cannot be booked with points or miles from any major airline program. The airline does have its own loyalty program MyCompagnie, though you can only earn points flying La Compagnie flights, and only redeem for these flights (as well as for change fees and excess baggage).
If you are planning to fly between France and New York this summer, this is a very unique way to travel, and arguably the closest you can experience to a private jet on a commercial jet across the Atlantic.
Featured image by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees