JetBlue Schedule Extended Through Jan. 8, 2020, Thanksgiving & Christmas Bookable
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue has extended its schedule as of 12:00pm ET Sunday, meaning you’ll be able to book flights through Jan. 8, 2020. Previously, reservations had only been available through Oct. 26, 2019, so this opens up the booking window for two of the most traveled (and expensive!) holidays of the year: Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you anticipate having to travel during the holidays, you might even want to book your desired JetBlue flight now. For peak dates, there is a good chance that the price you are seeing today is the best price you’ll get.
Special Privileges for JetBlue Mosaic Member
For those who have JetBlue Mosaic status, which comes with an extremely flexible policy if you need to change or cancel a fligh, it makes sense to book your holiday travel now that the schedule has opened up, even if you are not 100% sure of your travel plans. For no fee at all, you can cancel if you…
- Paid for the Flight: The amount paid will go into your JetBlue Travel Bank, which you can use for a future flight. You have one year from the date the flight was canceled to use the credit and best of all, you can use it towards another passenger’s flight.
- Used Points for the Flight: The points used will go back to your account and any taxes and fees paid will be credited to your JetBlue Travel Bank. Again, you have one year to use the credit.
Also, if you book now and you see that the price has decreased at a future time, you can call the JetBlue Mosaic line and they will re-price the ticket for you. Similar to the policies around changing or canceling a flight, the fare difference will be credited back to your account — for point reservations the points will be returned immediately or for paid fares you’ll receive a credit in your Travel Bank. Although this is limited to only those with Mosaic status, JetBlue does extend the same privileges to all passengers booked on an itinerary with at least one passenger holding this status. TIP: For those without status, within five days of booking your reservation, if your flight does decrease in price, JetBlue will re-price your flight for the lower fare.
This is by far one of my favorite benefits of JetBlue Mosaic status. With my husband earning this status over the past few years, this has saved my family a ton of money (and points). It has also given us the peace of mind knowing we could cancel if something else pops up.
You can earn JetBlue Mosaic status two different ways:
- Flying with JetBlue: Flying 30 segments + Earning 12,000 base points ($4,000 in spending) or Earning 15,000 base points ($5,000 in spending) in a calendar year
- Credit Card Spend: Spending $50,000 on the JetBlue Credit Card in a calendar year
Tips to Finding the Best Fares
Here are two tips to help you find the best JetBlue fares to allow your family to go on that awesome holiday vacation:
Use JetBlue’s Fare Finder
The JetBlue Fare Finder will give you a monthly view of pricing (in either dollars or points). You can even open up two browsers at a time to look at the one-way pricing with outbound and return destinations. This can definitely help you and your family pick the dates that will get you the best pricing, as long as you have some flexibility with your schedule.
Search Nearby City Pairs
JetBlue will allow you to search flights for all airports within a region. For example, if you are looking to go to Los Angeles, instead of putting LAX into your destination, you can search for “Los Angeles area”. In addition to showing Los Angeles airport results, this will pull in nearby airports such as Oakland, Burbank and Long Beach. You might find that flying into one of the other airports will result in a much lower ticket price. Other popular cities with nearby airports include: Boston, New York City and San Francisco.
Now is the perfect time to book your JetBlue flight for the end of 2019 and into the first week of 2020, especially if you are looking to travel over the holidays — even if it is eight to nine months away. If you are low on points, JetBlue is a transfer partner with Chase Ultimate Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio) American Express Membership Rewards (1.25:1 transfer ratio) and Citi ThankYou Rewards (1:1 transfer ratio). Fortunately, all three programs transfer instantly which will allow you to have the number of points required to book. And remember, with all point reservations, if you have the JetBlue Credit Card, you’ll receive 10% of your points back after you complete your flight. This is a great rebate and really helps lessen the total number of points used during the holiday time (or any other time of the year).
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees