Deal Alert: Fly JetBlue Mint for $299 One-Way to the Caribbean
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue’s Mint class is one of the best business class products available on premium transcontinental flights as well as select Caribbean flights. Now, nearly five years after Mint first debuted on transcontinental flights between New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO), Mint availability can still be found for insanely low prices if you know where to look. Through June 1, Mint is available starting at just $299 one-way on select flights from the East Coast to the Caribbean or $399 nonstop on transcontinental flights.
JetBlue offers Mint from its hubs in Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK) to destinations including Aruba (AUA), Bridgetown, Barbados (BGI), Grenada (GND) and St. Marteen (SXM). Availability on these US-Caribbean routes was scarce to begin with but now many of flights featuring the Mint premium cabin are completely booked full, with other flights selling for well over $1,000.
As for transcontinental deals, coast-to-coast flights are available starting at just $399 one-way. While you may be able to find comparable deals price-wise on American, Delta and United, these flights are not nonstop and will not feature an airline’s premium business class product.
Low fares are a staple of the Mint class service but it’s important to keep in mind that prices, while still less than other airlines, will inevitably increase as travel begins to peak in the spring and summer months. If you’re looking to take advantage of cheap trans-con fares in JetBlue Mint, now’s the best time to do so.
For more on how to best optimize your points and miles when flying JetBlue, take a look at TPG’s JetBlue TrueBlue guide. And lastly, to make sure you don’t miss out on what your destination city has to offer, check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities in places such as Aruba and Seattle.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book with JetBlue directly. Some OTA’s like Expedia and Orbitz might also feature the featured JetBlue premium class fares.
Routes: JFK to GND/BGI/SEA, BOS to AUA/BGI/SXM/SFO
Cost: $299+ one-way
Travel Dates: Trans-con Deals: February – March 2019 / Caribbean Deals: Saturdays March – June 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or via amextravel.com), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Grenada (GND) for $299 one-way:
New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) for $399 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for $301 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Bridgetown, Barbados (BGI) for $303 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to St. Marteen (SXM) for $343 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to San Fransico (SFO) for $404 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: God Save The Points
Featured image by Benji Stawski / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees