JetBlue expands partnership with Qatar Airways, new loyalty benefits coming soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
JetBlue and Qatar Airways have been partners since June of 2011, letting customers pair flights from both carriers on a single ticket. Now, with the airlines approaching their 10-year anniversary, that arrangement just got a big boost.
As of Monday, April 19, JetBlue customers will be able to book even more Qatar Airways flights as part of their itinerary. You’ll find JetBlue’s “B6” flight number attached to flights between the following U.S. cities and Doha (DOH):
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- New York’s John F. Kennedy international Airport (JFK)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
And the fun doesn’t stop in Doha — JetBlue flyers will be able to connect on a “B6” Qatar flight between the additional destinations below as well:
- Amman, Jordan (AMM)
- Entebbe, Uganda (EBB)
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KUL)
- Male, Maldives (MLE)
- Muscat, Oman (MCT)
- Salalah, Oman (SLL)
- Seychelles (SEZ)
- Singapore (SIN)
Combined with existing flight options, JetBlue customers will be able to book Qatar Airways flights to 80+ airports in Africa, Asia, Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
More partner news: Everything you need to know about the American Airlines-JetBlue alliance
While all of the routes aren’t available to book just yet, a few have already popped up, including New York-JFK to Entebbe, Uganda (EBB), below:
Be sure to compare pricing when booked directly with Qatar Airways as well — in some cases, you may save a considerable amount when booking through one carrier over the other, as you can see with the identical Qatar booking below:
Either way, it could make sense to book through JetBlue — codeshare bookings are eligible the airline’s flexible booking policy, including free voluntary changes. If customers choose to cancel their trip entirely, funds will be deposited in JetBlue’s Travel Bank — from there, they’ll only be valid for flights operated by JetBlue, and need to be used within one year.
Later this year, JetBlue TrueBlue and Qatar Privilege Club members will be able to earn miles on flights operated by both carriers, with redemptions becoming available down the line as well. JetBlue already partners with a handful of carriers for earning and redemptions, including Emirates and Icelandair. The carrier will soon expand its partnership with American Airlines, too.
Featured photo by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees