JetBlue’s giving away $17,000 of prizes for Earth Month — here’s how you can enter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While Earth Day is April 22, JetBlue’s celebrating throughout the month with their Earth Month sweepstakes through JetBlue GreenUp. Part of the JetBlue for Good program, this campaign encourages community-based sustainable initiatives year-round.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
JetBlue was the first airline to offset carbon emissions for all domestic flights and uses sustainable aviation fuel on flights from San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
The airline recently announced short and medium-term “Environmental Social Governance (ESG) targets to achieve net-zero carbon emissions for its airline operations by 2040, increase usage of renewable energy, significantly increase diverse representation in its leadership ranks, hold business partners accountable for sustainable business practices, and more,” said Tina Klaric, manager of corporate social responsibility at JetBlue. “Our vision is to lead the way to a lower-carbon future for aviation.”
Entering the sweepstakes is quick and easy, and JetBlue has partnered with EarthDay.org to encourage local volunteerism for even more entries. Let’s dive into all the details of JetBlue’s Earth Month giveaway.
You can visit JetBlue GreenUp to enter the sweepstakes. By entering your email address, you’ll get one entry to win any of the prizes. For additional entries, you can do the following:
- Earn five additional entries by reading through facts about sustainability and the JetBlue GreenUp program.
- Earn one additional entry by signing up for the Earthday.org newsletter.
- Earn 10 additional entries by signing up to volunteer at a Global Cleanup in your local area here.
If you participate in all of these activities above, you can receive up to 17 entries for your chance to win any of these prizes. You have until April 30 at 11:59 p.m. to enter this giveaway. Winners will be randomly selected and notified on May 7.
$17,000 of prizes up for grabs
JetBlue’s going all-in with some incredible prizes — worth up to $17,000 collectively.
The grand prize is a pair of two roundtrip Mint tickets, valid for any cities that JetBlue flies to. In the terms and conditions, this certificate doesn’t exclude JetBlue’s upcoming flights to London, so you could potentially score a sweet ride across the pond. Note that the cash value of this grand prize is up to $5,000.
“If sweepstakes winners opt for international travel as part of their prize, we will ensure those emissions are offset as well,” said Klaric.
There are two first-class trips for two up for grabs. In each package, winners will receive two roundtrip flight certificates valid for any JetBlue Vacations cities and a $500 hotel credit through JetBlue Vacations. There may be blackout dates and other restrictions with this package, but the total cash value of each prize is $1,000.
Finally, JetBlue’s giving out 20 second prizes, consisting of a pair of roundtrip Blue Basic certificates, subject to restrictions as detailed in the fine print. Each prize has a potential value of $500.
It takes just a few seconds to enter JetBlue’s sweepstakes, and if you have extra time on your hands this April, volunteer at a local cleanup near you to receive 10 bonus entries.
“So far we have seen more than 280 cleanup events registered, 1,370 volunteers, and 3,480 bags of trash collected,” said Klaric. “This is an estimated 52,895 gallons of trash since launch nearly two weeks ago.”
Featured photo by JetBlue
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees