JetBlue’s giving away $17,000 of prizes for Earth Month — here’s how you can enter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While Earth Day is April 22, JetBlue’s celebrating throughout the month with their Earth Month sweepstakes through JetBlue GreenUp. Part of the JetBlue for Good program, this campaign encourages community-based sustainable initiatives year-round.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
JetBlue was the first airline to offset carbon emissions for all domestic flights and uses sustainable aviation fuel on flights from San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
The airline recently announced short and medium-term “Environmental Social Governance (ESG) targets to achieve net-zero carbon emissions for its airline operations by 2040, increase usage of renewable energy, significantly increase diverse representation in its leadership ranks, hold business partners accountable for sustainable business practices, and more,” said Tina Klaric, manager of corporate social responsibility at JetBlue. “Our vision is to lead the way to a lower-carbon future for aviation.”
Entering the sweepstakes is quick and easy, and JetBlue has partnered with EarthDay.org to encourage local volunteerism for even more entries. Let’s dive into all the details of JetBlue’s Earth Month giveaway.
You can visit JetBlue GreenUp to enter the sweepstakes. By entering your email address, you’ll get one entry to win any of the prizes. For additional entries, you can do the following:
- Earn five additional entries by reading through facts about sustainability and the JetBlue GreenUp program.
- Earn one additional entry by signing up for the Earthday.org newsletter.
- Earn 10 additional entries by signing up to volunteer at a Global Cleanup in your local area here.
If you participate in all of these activities above, you can receive up to 17 entries for your chance to win any of these prizes. You have until April 30 at 11:59 p.m. to enter this giveaway. Winners will be randomly selected and notified on May 7.
$17,000 of prizes up for grabs
JetBlue’s going all-in with some incredible prizes — worth up to $17,000 collectively.
The grand prize is a pair of two roundtrip Mint tickets, valid for any cities that JetBlue flies to. In the terms and conditions, this certificate doesn’t exclude JetBlue’s upcoming flights to London, so you could potentially score a sweet ride across the pond. Note that the cash value of this grand prize is up to $5,000.
“If sweepstakes winners opt for international travel as part of their prize, we will ensure those emissions are offset as well,” said Klaric.
There are two first-class trips for two up for grabs. In each package, winners will receive two roundtrip flight certificates valid for any JetBlue Vacations cities and a $500 hotel credit through JetBlue Vacations. There may be blackout dates and other restrictions with this package, but the total cash value of each prize is $1,000.
Finally, JetBlue’s giving out 20 second prizes, consisting of a pair of roundtrip Blue Basic certificates, subject to restrictions as detailed in the fine print. Each prize has a potential value of $500.
It takes just a few seconds to enter JetBlue’s sweepstakes, and if you have extra time on your hands this April, volunteer at a local cleanup near you to receive 10 bonus entries.
“So far we have seen more than 280 cleanup events registered, 1,370 volunteers, and 3,480 bags of trash collected,” said Klaric. “This is an estimated 52,895 gallons of trash since launch nearly two weeks ago.”
Featured photo by JetBlue
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.