JetBlue Has Departed for Destination Good and We Are on Board
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Until reaching the airport this morning, passengers on one special JetBlue flight didn’t know where they’d be flying. Granted, they knew they’d be flying to Destination Good on Giving Tuesday for three days of volunteer work with JetBlue, but they were purposefully left in the dark regarding their exact destination.
TPG wrote about the trip in mid-October when Jet Blue was soliciting applications. The airline selected 50 winners, each of whom could bring one guest, for the all-expenses-paid trip from New York City to Destination Good. And, I’m happy to announce that I snagged a seat on the trip to volunteer and, of course, cover the experience for TPG.
So, where are we going? Destination Good passengers learned this morning that they’ll be traveling to volunteer in the Dominican Republic. The Destination Good flight will land in Punta Cana (PUJ) this afternoon and return from Santo Domingo (SDQ) on Nov. 30.
What will we be doing? Destination Good winners will participate in three days of hands-on volunteer activities focused on the core pillars of JetBlue For Good: youth and education, community and the environment. There will be three distinct volunteer projects that each volunteer will get to work on while in the Dominican Republic:
- Community: Working with the Paradisus by Meliá to assist with updating a local school, which is also a needed play space for community children.
- Education: Working with The Dream Project to renovate a local school that helps children with disabilities prepare to transition to general school and hosting a book fair at the school.
- Environment: Working with Fundemar to build buoys that will later be used to protect coral reef beds.
Want to learn more? I’ll be writing a few pieces about my experience on JetBlue’s Destination Good trip once I return, so come back to TPG to learn more. In the meantime, follow hashtag #CheckInForGood and #JetBlueForGood, as well as JetBlue on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, to see posts from the trip.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.