JetBlue Has Departed for Destination Good and We Are on Board
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Until reaching the airport this morning, passengers on one special JetBlue flight didn’t know where they’d be flying. Granted, they knew they’d be flying to Destination Good on Giving Tuesday for three days of volunteer work with JetBlue, but they were purposefully left in the dark regarding their exact destination.
TPG wrote about the trip in mid-October when Jet Blue was soliciting applications. The airline selected 50 winners, each of whom could bring one guest, for the all-expenses-paid trip from New York City to Destination Good. And, I’m happy to announce that I snagged a seat on the trip to volunteer and, of course, cover the experience for TPG.
So, where are we going? Destination Good passengers learned this morning that they’ll be traveling to volunteer in the Dominican Republic. The Destination Good flight will land in Punta Cana (PUJ) this afternoon and return from Santo Domingo (SDQ) on Nov. 30.
What will we be doing? Destination Good winners will participate in three days of hands-on volunteer activities focused on the core pillars of JetBlue For Good: youth and education, community and the environment. There will be three distinct volunteer projects that each volunteer will get to work on while in the Dominican Republic:
- Community: Working with the Paradisus by Meliá to assist with updating a local school, which is also a needed play space for community children.
- Education: Working with The Dream Project to renovate a local school that helps children with disabilities prepare to transition to general school and hosting a book fair at the school.
- Environment: Working with Fundemar to build buoys that will later be used to protect coral reef beds.
Want to learn more? I’ll be writing a few pieces about my experience on JetBlue’s Destination Good trip once I return, so come back to TPG to learn more. In the meantime, follow hashtag #CheckInForGood and #JetBlueForGood, as well as JetBlue on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, to see posts from the trip.
Featured image courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees