The world’s coolest new chalet may be next to a runway at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With winter weather upon us, nothing sounds better than cozying up by a fire with a nice drink and good company. This winter you can do just that at the Runway Chalet at the TWA Hotel’s Pool Bar.
TWA has transformed the rooftop area of the bar into a 1960’s ski lodge-themed chalet. The rooftop is both tented and heated and decked out in retro ski gear like any chalet should be. You can get in on the fun from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m daily.
The chalet features two special cocktails: an Idlewild Hot Toddy and a spiked hot chocolate called The Weather Delay. You can also dip into some chocolate and cheese fondue. Beyond that, guests can also order from the regular Pool Bar menu.
After you’ve enjoyed drinks and food by the fire, you can get in some planespotting while relaxing in the pool-cuzzi — heated to 95 degrees or higher — that overlooks Runway 4 Left/22 Right. And if you want to extend your day at TWA even longer, head over to the Runway Rink where you can ice skate alongside old Connie.
TWA is working hard to make layovers at JFK fun — from the Runway Rink to the Connie cocktail lounge and now the Runway Chalet. Even if you don’t have a layover, the TWA Hotel can be a fun break from the city. Just prepare yourself for the trip to get there.
Now who’s ready for that “Weather Delay”?
Featured photo courtesy of The TWA Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees