The world’s coolest new chalet may be next to a runway at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With winter weather upon us, nothing sounds better than cozying up by a fire with a nice drink and good company. This winter you can do just that at the Runway Chalet at the TWA Hotel’s Pool Bar.
TWA has transformed the rooftop area of the bar into a 1960’s ski lodge-themed chalet. The rooftop is both tented and heated and decked out in retro ski gear like any chalet should be. You can get in on the fun from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m daily.
The chalet features two special cocktails: an Idlewild Hot Toddy and a spiked hot chocolate called The Weather Delay. You can also dip into some chocolate and cheese fondue. Beyond that, guests can also order from the regular Pool Bar menu.
After you’ve enjoyed drinks and food by the fire, you can get in some planespotting while relaxing in the pool-cuzzi — heated to 95 degrees or higher — that overlooks Runway 4 Left/22 Right. And if you want to extend your day at TWA even longer, head over to the Runway Rink where you can ice skate alongside old Connie.
TWA is working hard to make layovers at JFK fun — from the Runway Rink to the Connie cocktail lounge and now the Runway Chalet. Even if you don’t have a layover, the TWA Hotel can be a fun break from the city. Just prepare yourself for the trip to get there.
Now who’s ready for that “Weather Delay”?
Featured photo courtesy of The TWA Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.