This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG Rewards club regularly offers members ways to earn extra points, with individual offers for each member through its “Accelerate” promotions. The latest promotion ended July 31, which provided members with challenges like completing a certain number of nights or staying at a specific number of brands.
On Monday, the chain announced “Double Points plus more,” its latest Accelerate-like global promotion. Register to earn Double Points on every stay — up to 15,000 points total — starting after your second stay at IHG hotels worldwide, along with additional targeted opportunities.
The promotion is valid for stays between September 16 and December 16, 2018, and all IHG Rewards members are eligible to earn double points. But additional bonuses are different for each member, and appear after you register for the promotion. My offer was somewhat disappointing — in addition to earning double points, I was targeted for up to an additional 22,600 total points for various activities, such as booking two stays with the IHG app, staying two weekends and booking two Bonus Points package stays.
The bonus points earned through targeted offers can be used for redemptions toward reward nights, merchandise and much more. According to the promotion’s terms and conditions, members should allow two to three weeks for promotion bonuses to be credited to their account after checkout.
In addition to IHG’s promotions, several other hotel groups are offering bonuses right now. Members can earn 54 points per dollar at Hilton with its latest “Moments Made Bigger” campaign by earning double points on every Hilton hotel stay and triple points if you stay at a Hilton luxury and resort properties. World of Hyatt members also have a new promotion as of September 1, where members can earn up to 60,000 bonus World of Hyatt points for eligible nights spent at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide, as well as at participating MGM Resort properties in Las Vegas.
If you’re looking for more ways to earn IHG points, consider the Chase co-branded IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, which was released earlier this year and comes with 80,000 IHG Rewards bonus points after spending $2,000 in the first three months after opening your account.
H/T: Loyalty Traveler
Featured image of the Intercontinental Budapest courtesy of IHG.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn 80,000 points, worth up to $480 with the IHG Rewards Premier Card. With this card you'll get IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status which more than negates the value of the $89 annual fee. You'll also earn 10 points per dollar at IHG hotels, 2 points per dollar on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®