Hyatt adds another 20 properties to its growing SLH portfolio
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Good news for World of Hyatt fans: The program recently welcomed several new Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) properties into its portfolio.
Ever since Hyatt and SLH announced a partnership several years ago, properties around the world have been added to the group at a consistent clip. Earlier this year, 12 SLH properties were added as Hyatt partner hotels.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter
Now, as of today, there are an additional 20 SLH hotels joining the World of Hyatt portfolio, which means World of Hyatt members can book paid and award rates at SLH properties. While elite members don’t receive standard World of Hyatt benefits, they are able to take advantage of other perks, including daily complimentary breakfast for two, free Wi-Fi, 12 p.m. check in (if available), 2 p.m. late checkout (if available) and a one-category room upgrade, if space allows.
The additions span several countries around the globe and include some very interesting places, including Belize, where there aren’t a ton of options for points travelers currently, the Seychelles and Louisville, Kentucky. There’s even a luxury yacht that sails off the coast of Ecuador included in this addition, though you’ll only be able to earn points for journeys, not redeem for them.
Let’s take a look at all the new places at which you’ll be able to earn and redeem Hyatt points:
|The Grady||Louisville, Kentucky||5|
|Gaia Riverlodge||Cayo District, Belize||6|
|Itzana Resort and Residences||Placencia, Belize||5|
|Matachica Resort and Spa||Ambergris Caye, Belize||6|
|M/Y Kontiki Wayra – Kontiki Expeditions*||Manta, Ecuador||8|
|Hotel Raphael||Paris, France||6|
|Hotel La Roya||Saint-Florent, France||6|
|Le Domaine d’Ablon||Ablon, France||8|
|Auberge de Cassagne Spa||Le Potent Avignon, France||6|
|Les Bories||Gordes en Provence, France||6|
|Breidenbacher Hof||Dusseldorf, Germany||6|
|White Coast Pool Suites||Milos, Greece||6|
|Ca’ di Dio||Venice, Italy||6; opens Aug. 1|
|Villa Soligo||Farra di Soligo, Treviso, Italy||3|
|La Torre del Canonigo||Ibiza, Spain||6|
|Bergwelt Grindelwald – Alpine Design Resort||Grindelwald, Switzerland||6|
|The Dunstane Houses||Edinburgh, U.K.||5|
|Wilder Townhouse||Dublin, Ireland||4|
|L’Escale Resort Marina and Spa||Mahé, Seychelles||8|
|The American Colony Hotel||Jerusalem, Israel||6|
* You can book expeditions on the M/Y Kontiki Wayra beginning Aug. 8. You will not be able to redeem World of Hyatt points for expeditions, though you can earn them.
New options for redeeming Hyatt points
The addition of yet even more SLH hotels into the World of Hyatt portfolio presents new options for travelers looking for boutique hotel experiences in some of the world’s top destinations.
Without a doubt, one of the most exciting additions to the World of Hyatt/SLH portfolio is not even a hotel. The M/Y Kontiki Wayra is a “sustainable luxury motor yacht,” according to Hyatt’s website, that sails off the coast of Ecuador. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to book a trip on this yacht with your points, but you are able to earn if you decide to go on the journey.
Located in Belize’s Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve, Gaia Riverlodge is the perfect place to disconnect from the modern world. Rooms have thatched roofs and are set right within the jungle, guaranteeing a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The resort provides private access to the Five Sisters Waterfall, and you can go for a swim in any one of the nearby freshwater pools.
L’Escale Marina Resort and Spa is a high-end retreat in the capital city of the Seychelles, Mahé. Enjoy an afternoon sitting on one of the thickly padded pool loungers, get a treatment at the resort’s full-service spa or go for a sail around the island and take in the stunning coastline.
Last but certainly not least, The Grady represents another great option for travelers looking to use hotel points in Kentucky’s largest city. It’s the perfect place to set the scene for a weekend in the city, with its close proximity to Louisville’s so-called Museum Row and Distiller’s Row.
It’s great to see Hyatt and SLH continue to add to their shared portfolio of properties. These hotels give World of Hyatt members fantastic options at which to use their points. And, considering some of the locations in which these hotels are found, they give members access to travel experiences they may otherwise never get to have, drastically increasing the value of your hard-earned points.
Featured photo by Duarte Dellarole via Shutterstock.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees