4 Autograph Collection hotels set to leave Marriott Bonvoy in 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While we generally think of hotels as “belonging” to Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, etc, the reality is that an overwhelming majority of chain hotels are owned and operated by third-party investment and management companies. This is why it’s not uncommon to see properties rebrand from one chain to another.
The Dedica Anthology, which operates four Autograph Collection hotels in Europe, will become a part of Spain-based hotel company NH Collection. The four properties in question are in Rome, Budapest, Prague and Venice:
- Rome – Palazzo Naiadi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
- Budapest – New York Palace, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
- Prague – Carlo IV, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
- Venice – Grand Hotel Dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As reported by Loyalty Lobby, the deal is expected to close in the first half of 2020, but it’s unclear exactly when the hotels will leave the Marriott Bonvoy program. If you have an existing reservation at one of these properties you might to reach out preemptively about the changes. While some hotels bow out gracefully, we’ve also seen properties refuse to honor award reservations and elite benefits after they rebrand.
There are currently over 180 Autograph Collection properties around the world, with 53 in Europe, so this change will represent a pretty significant decrease for the region. After these properties transition out of Marriott Bonvoy, there won’t be any Autograph Collection hotels left in Hungary, the Czech Republic, or Venice.
Autograph Collection hotels tend to be a bit of a sweet spot for Marriott, offering upscale luxury at more affordable price than brands like Ritz Carlton or St. Regis. Autograph Collection hotels are also able to lean into their local surroundings to a greater extent, which in Europe means beautiful (and often historic) facades to help guests embrace the history of their destination. Even with these losses, Marriott is still doubling down on its luxury portfolio, with over 30 new high-end properties slated to open this year in destinations around the world including Rome and Istanbul.
Featured photo of the Palazzo Naiadi courtesy of booking.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees