5 amazing Marriott Bonvoy redemptions in Europe
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Given the vast number of properties in the Marriott portfolio, it’s difficult not to end up at one every now and then. Since you are a TPG reader, you have obviously already set up a Marriott Bonvoy account to rack up points and make smart use of all the promotions during these stays. When you’ve built a balance, the time has come to treat yourself to a nice weekend away, but where to? We’ve picked some of the best, quintessentially European options that offer great value for your points.
With plenty of Bauhaus architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage city center, Weimar is one of the great historic German small cities. If you are looking for culture and a quiet weekend away in the German countryside, this is the place for you. For only 20,000 points per night during off-peak dates, you can have a room at this highly rated Autograph Collection hotel. Paid rates hover around €150 ($168).
Whether you’re into opera, world class museums or just looking to visit the palace from the 1955 film Sissi, Vienna is never boring. The DO & CO Hotel, featured in Marriott’s Design Hotels collection, is in the very middle of the city center, offering beautiful design in a boutique setting. At 30,000 points off-peak with paid rates €250+ ($279+), this is a great option to redeem some Bonvoy currency.
This Luxury Collection property in Poland’s capital, housed in a building from 1901, is a great example of the historic architecture you will find in Warsaw. Stay at this wonderful hotel for only 30,000 points on off-peak nights. Rates are usually more than €200 ($223), meaning good value for your points.
Dating back to the 1894 opening of the new local head office for the New York Life Insurance Company, this building has a lot of history to it. The ground floor’s New York Café has been a long-time center for Hungarian literature and poetry. After the Second World War, the building deteriorated, but just after the turn of the century, is was brought back to former glory in it’s new role as a hotel. You can stay in this piece of history for only 30,000 points during off-peak dates. Paid rates are €200+, again providing good value for your coveted Bonvoy points.
Unique in the sense that it is located on a private island that opened in 2015, this sprawling resort offers amazing amenities for visitors of the historic Italian city. Enjoy canals, history and culture at only 40,000 points during off-peak dates. With paid rates €300+ ($335), this is a great deal. Don’t forget to pay a visit to the amazing spa complex.
Featured image courtesy of JW Marriot Resort & Spa, Venice.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees