Get 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points with new promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Marriott announced a new end of the year “Unlock More” promotion, where you can score bonus points after two qualifying stays.
Here’s what you need to know.
You’ll earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after two qualifying stays at properties in the Marriott portfolio. You must register by December 31 and stay between October 29 and January 14, 2020.
Two to three days after your second qualifying stay has been posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account, you’ll unlock a new offer. Marriott doesn’t specify what that offer might be. The offer will appear on your account, but you’ll also receive an email with details. Marriott says more than 7,000 participating hotels and resorts worldwide are included in the promotion.
This is an easy way to earn bonus points, but it’s not a particularly good promotion. We’ve seen better offers from Marriott, such as targeted offers for bonus points earlier this summer on paid stays that included a weekend night.
We’ve seen even better offers from Hyatt, which is currently offering 3x points on some stays and a $50 statement credit for World of Hyatt cardholders, and Hilton, which is running a promotion on 2x base points through the beginning of 2020.
Marriott points are worth 0.8 cents each, according to TPG’s latest valuations, making this promotion worth a paltry $16. That said, if you’re just short of points needed for an award redemption then this promotion could come in handy.
If you’re looking for a better way to earn Bonvoy points, you may want to consider adding a Marriott card to your wallet. Both the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card from Chase are offering 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
If you have paid Marriott stays lined up, then it doesn’t hurt to sign up for this promotion. Otherwise, given the multitude of better promotions from competitors such as Hyatt and Hilton, I wouldn’t go out of my way for this promotion.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.