Get 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points with new promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Marriott announced a new end of the year “Unlock More” promotion, where you can score bonus points after two qualifying stays.
Here’s what you need to know.
You’ll earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after two qualifying stays at properties in the Marriott portfolio. You must register by December 31 and stay between October 29 and January 14, 2020.
Two to three days after your second qualifying stay has been posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account, you’ll unlock a new offer. Marriott doesn’t specify what that offer might be. The offer will appear on your account, but you’ll also receive an email with details. Marriott says more than 7,000 participating hotels and resorts worldwide are included in the promotion.
This is an easy way to earn bonus points, but it’s not a particularly good promotion. We’ve seen better offers from Marriott, such as targeted offers for bonus points earlier this summer on paid stays that included a weekend night.
We’ve seen even better offers from Hyatt, which is currently offering 3x points on some stays and a $50 statement credit for World of Hyatt cardholders, and Hilton, which is running a promotion on 2x base points through the beginning of 2020.
Marriott points are worth 0.8 cents each, according to TPG’s latest valuations, making this promotion worth a paltry $16. That said, if you’re just short of points needed for an award redemption then this promotion could come in handy.
If you’re looking for a better way to earn Bonvoy points, you may want to consider adding a Marriott card to your wallet. Both the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card from Chase are offering 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
If you have paid Marriott stays lined up, then it doesn’t hurt to sign up for this promotion. Otherwise, given the multitude of better promotions from competitors such as Hyatt and Hilton, I wouldn’t go out of my way for this promotion.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees