Get Your Points Ready: Marriott Is Adding 12 Luxury Hotels to Its Portfolio
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is continuing to expand the number of properties in the Autograph Collection, according to Business Traveler.
If you’re not familiar with the Autograph Collection, Marriott would tell you “the vision behind Autograph Collection Hotels is to celebrate individuality and independence by creating an evolving ensemble of strikingly independent four and five star hotels.” Essentially, these are hand-picked, unique hotels that offer amazing experiences and high-end luxury. If that sounds like your cup of tea, then good news, because Marriott has added 12 new properties to the collection. This is only a drop in the bucket in Marriott’s overall plan to add 1,700 properties by 2021.
New Autograph Collection Additions:
- Academia of Athens
- Aegon Mykonos, a beach resort and spa
- Hotel Universo, a sixteenth-century palace in the walled city of Lucca, near Florence
- The Shelbourne, an historic Dublin hotel
- Sapphire House in Antwerp, located inside the city’s original Royal Exchange
- Hotel Querencia de Seville
- La Caserne Chanzy, in Reims, northeast France
- Hotel Banke, near the Louvre in Paris
- Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic in Montreux, near Switzerland’s Lake Geneva
- Bernini Rome, near the Italian capital’s Piazza Barberini
- Schloss Lieser, a castle in Germany’s Moselle region
- The Burdock in Istanbul
This latest expansion represents a 25% increase in the number of properties in Europe, giving guests plenty of unique options. Ready to book your stay? Well, only a couple of these new properties are actually bookable at the moment. Most will be coming online later this year. For now though, you can book reward stays at the Academia of Athens for 35,000 points or the Hotel Banke for 50,000 points.
Most of the Autograph Collection falls into Marriott reward categories 4-7, so depending on where your travels are taking you, expect to burn between 20,000 and 50,000 points per night when you stay on a reward booking. If you’re low on points, be sure to book your stay with your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card to earn points and top up your account for your next reward stay.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.