Hilton will roll over all 2020 elite-qualifying nights to 2021
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In response to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, Hilton announced that it will roll over all 2020 elite qualifying nights to the 2021 status year. This will help Hilton Honors elite members earn or upgrade their elite status level in the 2021 and 2022 status years.
For example, if you’re a Hilton Honors Gold member and you complete five elite-qualifying nights this year, all of these will roll into 2021 — so you’d start 2021 with five nights. This applies to all nights you have already completed or will complete this calendar year. As a result, if you stayed in January or February (before the coronavirus pandemic really took off), those nights will help with your qualification prospects for next year.
This announcement comes after Hilton Honors extended 2019 and 2020 elite status through 2021 and 2022, respectively, for all elite members. These rollover nights will help these members upgrade their elite status, and those with elite status expiring next year can use this to more easily maintain status.
In addition, Hilton has put other coronavirus measures into place. It’s paused points expiration through December 31, 2020, extended Weekend Night Rewards through next summer and added bonus points earning on groceries to its cobranded credit cards.
It’s worth noting that this is the latest announcement from hotel loyalty programs. Last month, Marriott announced that existing elite members would enjoy a one-time deposit of elite night credits based on the tier they earned in 2019 (which started posting last week). Hyatt then announced new offers for rebates on award stays and expanded free parking for members. It’ll be interesting to see what else will come through this year and into next year as major hotel chains continue to adapt to the pandemic.
It’s great to see Hilton continue to add benefits for its members. We may not be traveling right now, but Hilton has continued to show that it cares about its elite members and their business. This small gesture can help travelers earn (or requalify for) Hilton Honors status next year, providing one additional incentive to select a Hilton-branded property for your future 2020 stays.
Feature photo courtesy of Hilton Honors
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees