Check out This Awesome Livery on the World’s First Charter A380
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines love to add new routes — especially profitable ones, like New York (JFK) to London (LHR) — but occasionally, they run into delays acquiring new aircraft, or planes already in their fleets need to be grounded for extensive repairs.
When all else fails, carriers call on a wet-lease operator like Hi Fly to swoop in and save the day, transporting passengers on behalf of the airline selling the ticket. In the case of Norwegian’s recent Dreamliner engine issues, that meant ringing up Hi Fly, which carried Norwegian passengers earlier this year an A330.
This week, Hi Fly’s fleet is getting a superjumbo upgrade, as it adds the world’s first used Airbus A380. The plane, one of Singapore Airlines’ first, has been refurbished inside and out, and now sports one of the most interesting liveries in the biz.
The livery and aircraft are supporting the carrier’s Mirpuri Foundation, and its campaign to “Save the Coral Reefs.” The plane has a slightly different color and design on each side.
The starboard side is painted in dark blue, and displays destroyed corals, while the port side is a lighter blue, representing healthy marine life.
As exciting as the aircraft’s livery may be, we’re especially curious about what we’ll find once inside, considering that Hi Fly and Airbus have been fairly mum on the interior design. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for an inside look at the Farnborough Air Show — assuming that works out, stay tuned for much more to come!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.