Check out This Awesome Livery on the World’s First Charter A380
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines love to add new routes — especially profitable ones, like New York (JFK) to London (LHR) — but occasionally, they run into delays acquiring new aircraft, or planes already in their fleets need to be grounded for extensive repairs.
When all else fails, carriers call on a wet-lease operator like Hi Fly to swoop in and save the day, transporting passengers on behalf of the airline selling the ticket. In the case of Norwegian’s recent Dreamliner engine issues, that meant ringing up Hi Fly, which carried Norwegian passengers earlier this year an A330.
This week, Hi Fly’s fleet is getting a superjumbo upgrade, as it adds the world’s first used Airbus A380. The plane, one of Singapore Airlines’ first, has been refurbished inside and out, and now sports one of the most interesting liveries in the biz.
The livery and aircraft are supporting the carrier’s Mirpuri Foundation, and its campaign to “Save the Coral Reefs.” The plane has a slightly different color and design on each side.
The starboard side is painted in dark blue, and displays destroyed corals, while the port side is a lighter blue, representing healthy marine life.
As exciting as the aircraft’s livery may be, we’re especially curious about what we’ll find once inside, considering that Hi Fly and Airbus have been fairly mum on the interior design. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for an inside look at the Farnborough Air Show — assuming that works out, stay tuned for much more to come!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.