This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines love to add new routes — especially profitable ones, like New York (JFK) to London (LHR) — but occasionally, they run into delays acquiring new aircraft, or planes already in their fleets need to be grounded for extensive repairs.
When all else fails, carriers call on a wet-lease operator like Hi Fly to swoop in and save the day, transporting passengers on behalf of the airline selling the ticket. In the case of Norwegian’s recent Dreamliner engine issues, that meant ringing up Hi Fly, which carried Norwegian passengers earlier this year an A330.
This week, Hi Fly’s fleet is getting a superjumbo upgrade, as it adds the world’s first used Airbus A380. The plane, one of Singapore Airlines’ first, has been refurbished inside and out, and now sports one of the most interesting liveries in the biz.
The livery and aircraft are supporting the carrier’s Mirpuri Foundation, and its campaign to “Save the Coral Reefs.” The plane has a slightly different color and design on each side.
The starboard side is painted in dark blue, and displays destroyed corals, while the port side is a lighter blue, representing healthy marine life.
As exciting as the aircraft’s livery may be, we’re especially curious about what we’ll find once inside, considering that Hi Fly and Airbus have been fairly mum on the interior design. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for an inside look at the Farnborough Air Show — assuming that works out, stay tuned for much more to come!
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that