This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines love to add new routes — especially profitable ones, like New York (JFK) to London (LHR) — but occasionally, they run into delays acquiring new aircraft, or planes already in their fleets need to be grounded for extensive repairs.
When all else fails, carriers call on a wet-lease operator like Hi Fly to swoop in and save the day, transporting passengers on behalf of the airline selling the ticket. In the case of Norwegian’s recent Dreamliner engine issues, that meant ringing up Hi Fly, which carried Norwegian passengers earlier this year an A330.
This week, Hi Fly’s fleet is getting a superjumbo upgrade, as it adds the world’s first used Airbus A380. The plane, one of Singapore Airlines’ first, has been refurbished inside and out, and now sports one of the most interesting liveries in the biz.
The livery and aircraft are supporting the carrier’s Mirpuri Foundation, and its campaign to “Save the Coral Reefs.” The plane has a slightly different color and design on each side.
The starboard side is painted in dark blue, and displays destroyed corals, while the port side is a lighter blue, representing healthy marine life.
As exciting as the aircraft’s livery may be, we’re especially curious about what we’ll find once inside, considering that Hi Fly and Airbus have been fairly mum on the interior design. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for an inside look at the Farnborough Air Show — assuming that works out, stay tuned for much more to come!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees