Here’s Your Chance to Weigh in on the Best and Worst US Airports of 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Wednesday morning, we published our fourth annual report on the best and worst airports in the US. For this report, we compared the 50 busiest airports in the nation, considering 35 different factors to generate our scores, such as airport amenities, on-time records, location, reader feedback and the experiences of TPG staff. It’s factors like these that landed San Diego International Airport (SAN) the top spot on our list and Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) at the bottom.
Of course, everybody weighs these various criteria differently so it’s impossible for everyone to unanimously agree on what are the best and worst airports. For instance, many readers thought that New York-LaGuardia (last year’s second-worst) would rank lower than Midway due to its relative lack of dining outlets and congested rideshare service pick-up spots. That’s why we’d like to give our readers an opportunity to weigh in and share their own thoughts.
We’ve broken up the airports included in this study by region. Vote for your favorite airport in each one.
Best Airport in the Midwest
Best Airport in the Northeast
Best Airport in the Southeast
Best Airport in the Southwest
Best Airport in the West:
Featured photo by Alberto Riva/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees