Live Your Childhood Harry Potter Fantasy at This Wizard Brunch in New York This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yes, we know the last Harry Potter movie came out in 2011. Sure, we know that was nearly a decade ago. And yes — we, too, feel super old saying that out loud.
But with that age (and the inability to let Harry Potter go, of course) comes some pretty cool perks. Specifically, a boozy Harry Potter-themed dining event that’s coming to New York City this summer.
“The Wizard’s Brunch” is an Australian-born traveling dinner theater company that provides immersive, magic-packed dining experiences in different cities around the world. Already having made some stops in the US in Denver and Houston, the tour’s newest leg now includes New York City. So, city dwellers, for one weekend only — August 17 and 18, to be exact — you can live out your childhood fantasy of dining in the Great Hall at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The brunch and dinner both include a three-course meal cooked by Abigail Kirsch Catering, served on long tables just like those portrayed in the books and movies. Guests will also be privy to some witchy brews, themed quizzes, live music, spell casting lessons and readings done by an onsite fortune teller.
Dressing for the role is also encouraged — so now is your chance to wear that Slytherin robe you bought at Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter a few years ago but just couldn’t find an appropriate time or place for.
The two-day event will take place in Pier 60 at Chelsea Piers with a family-friendly brunch from 2 to 5pm and an adults-only dinner from 8 to 11pm. Gothamist reported that the venue will be transformed completely to look like the Hogwarts Great Hall (iconic floating candles included).
Tickets for “The Wizard’s Brunch” in New York City are currently on sale from $135 to $150, not including fees. You can purchase your ticket here while supplies last.
Featured image courtesy of The Witches Brunch via Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees