Live Your Childhood Harry Potter Fantasy at This Wizard Brunch in New York This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yes, we know the last Harry Potter movie came out in 2011. Sure, we know that was nearly a decade ago. And yes — we, too, feel super old saying that out loud.
But with that age (and the inability to let Harry Potter go, of course) comes some pretty cool perks. Specifically, a boozy Harry Potter-themed dining event that’s coming to New York City this summer.
“The Wizard’s Brunch” is an Australian-born traveling dinner theater company that provides immersive, magic-packed dining experiences in different cities around the world. Already having made some stops in the US in Denver and Houston, the tour’s newest leg now includes New York City. So, city dwellers, for one weekend only — August 17 and 18, to be exact — you can live out your childhood fantasy of dining in the Great Hall at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The brunch and dinner both include a three-course meal cooked by Abigail Kirsch Catering, served on long tables just like those portrayed in the books and movies. Guests will also be privy to some witchy brews, themed quizzes, live music, spell casting lessons and readings done by an onsite fortune teller.
Dressing for the role is also encouraged — so now is your chance to wear that Slytherin robe you bought at Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter a few years ago but just couldn’t find an appropriate time or place for.
The two-day event will take place in Pier 60 at Chelsea Piers with a family-friendly brunch from 2 to 5pm and an adults-only dinner from 8 to 11pm. Gothamist reported that the venue will be transformed completely to look like the Hogwarts Great Hall (iconic floating candles included).
Tickets for “The Wizard’s Brunch” in New York City are currently on sale from $135 to $150, not including fees. You can purchase your ticket here while supplies last.
Featured image courtesy of The Witches Brunch via Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.