Hagrid Takes Over Hogwarts in New Wizarding World of Harry Potter Ride
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After months (years?) of waiting, loyal Harry Potter fans finally know what the theme of the new roller coaster coming to Hogsmeade at the Wizarding World of Harry Porter in Universal Orlando’s Island of Adventure. And, we now know when the most diehard fans will get to try it out for the first time.
Motorbike Over Hogwarts
Universal Orlando has released just a hint of what we can expect. On June 13, the park will debut Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. The lovable part giant/part wizard who’s a fan favorite (including my 12-year old daughter) will take to the skies when the new roller coaster experience opens. It’s one of the most anticipated new items at Universal theme parks across the world in 2019. Loyal fans have been eagerly watching the construction taking place behind the fences in place as they disembark Hogwarts Express at Hogsmeade Station, hoping to catch a hint of what’s to come.
Universal Studios had already said this would be the most immersive and cutting-edge experience it has ever envisioned. The official announcement that just emerged still leaves us wanting more details, but confirms that Hagrid and some of his magical creatures will make an appearance this summer. The Hippogriff already has a prominent place for flight right alongside the castle. And now, we know Hagrid will be nearby with more of his friends.
So Many Questions
What makes this coaster the most immersive? Will Harry Potter make an appearance? The ride appears to be an outdoor roller coaster. To be immersive, does that mean we’re going to see some sort of virtual reality or augmented reality as part of the ride? So many questions for the most ardent fans (and there are so many of those fans).
The addition of Hagrid and his menagerie in Hogsmeade may actually help you weave your way through the already bursting crowds. The construction is set pretty far back from the fence line, so we might actually get some more room to roam inside Hogsmeade once construction is complete. As Universal keeps adding attractions like these from its most popular franchises, it boosts the value of an annual pass. The popularity of the existing favorites across the two Universal theme parks (and the size of those crowds) is why we see consistent signals that a third Universal Orlando theme park is in the works.
Until the parks expand or Harry Potter loses his magic, the crowds should continue to grow. If you’re faced with long lines, and you just can’t wait to get on Hagrid’s Magical Motorbike, you can throw the budget out the window and opt for a private VIP tour. It’ll put a serious dent in your wallet, but you won’t wait in Hagrid’s line (or any others). Alternatively, consider staying at a Universal Resort (such as Loews Royal Pacific, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel or Hard Rock Hotel where you get included Express Passes to spend more of your day on rides instead of in lines without spending nearly as much as you would on a VIP tour.
Featured photo via Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.