Guy Fieri Is Bringing ‘Flavortown’ to Disney World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your idea of vacation is a one-way trip to Flavortown we’ve got news for you: Guy Fieri is coming to Disney World (whether you want him to or not) and he’s bringing a whole lotta fried chicken with him, Walt Disney World announced on Wednesday.
The Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives host is setting up shop at Disney Springs in Orlando. The fast-casual restaurant, slated to open in August of this year, will be called Chicken Guy! and the bird-centric menu will feature everything from chicken tender sandwiches to skewers to salads, fried or grilled according to preference. To top your tenders, diners will have the option of indulging in more than 20 sauces served by a “sauce slinger” who will be walking the floor with a “holster full of condiments,” according to People. It’s too soon to say if you’ll need to BYODS (Bring Your Own Donkey Sauce, Fieri’s signature dipping concoction).
If that’s not enough of a Fieri fix for you, you’ll have the opportunity to get a selfie with a life-size image of the celebrity chef on your way out.
The Food Network star’s eatery is intended to serve as “the original flagship location of what will eventually be a restaurant chain.” Early rumors were swirling that everything on the menu would cost less than $7, which would be a serious bargain at the otherwise pricey park, but details have not been confirmed at this time.
In addition to upping its food — and maybe more importantly its drink — game (hello, boozy beignets), Disney has recently invested in a slew of new amusement park rides and themed areas of the park.
Photo by Ethan Miller via Getty Images for Caesars Entertainment.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees