Guy Fieri Is Bringing ‘Flavortown’ to Disney World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your idea of vacation is a one-way trip to Flavortown we’ve got news for you: Guy Fieri is coming to Disney World (whether you want him to or not) and he’s bringing a whole lotta fried chicken with him, Walt Disney World announced on Wednesday.
The Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives host is setting up shop at Disney Springs in Orlando. The fast-casual restaurant, slated to open in August of this year, will be called Chicken Guy! and the bird-centric menu will feature everything from chicken tender sandwiches to skewers to salads, fried or grilled according to preference. To top your tenders, diners will have the option of indulging in more than 20 sauces served by a “sauce slinger” who will be walking the floor with a “holster full of condiments,” according to People. It’s too soon to say if you’ll need to BYODS (Bring Your Own Donkey Sauce, Fieri’s signature dipping concoction).
If that’s not enough of a Fieri fix for you, you’ll have the opportunity to get a selfie with a life-size image of the celebrity chef on your way out.
The Food Network star’s eatery is intended to serve as “the original flagship location of what will eventually be a restaurant chain.” Early rumors were swirling that everything on the menu would cost less than $7, which would be a serious bargain at the otherwise pricey park, but details have not been confirmed at this time.
In addition to upping its food — and maybe more importantly its drink — game (hello, boozy beignets), Disney has recently invested in a slew of new amusement park rides and themed areas of the park.
Photo by Ethan Miller via Getty Images for Caesars Entertainment.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.