This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it comes to Google Flights, well, the times they are a-changin’.
When Google Flights introduced a new interface a couple months ago, it added a feature at the bottom of the page that, when clicked, allowed users to revert back to its original and, arguably, more intuitive interface. Now, that feature seems to have disappeared, forcing Google Flight lovers and travel enthusiasts with no option other than the most updated interface.
The absence of the “walking man” signifies a new era where users of Google Flights have no option other than using the current, most updated interface. Although its functionality is the same, some users have voiced distaste on the website’s new look. Google Flights still provides the cheapest availability of flights and also allows users to tailor searches for their exact parameters.
There is, however, still a way to access the old interface even without the button missing. Users can bookmark this link, and it will bring them to the original Google Flights interface. While it’s up for now, there’s a chance that access to the original interface might be coming to a close. For all those who were used to a less graphic-heavy interface, well, now might be the time to switch to Google’s updated flight search, like it or not.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards