This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Google Flights recently underwent a redesign, unveiling a new interface and additional search functionality. After a soft rollout, Google has since rolled out the new Google Flights on a larger scale.
But, not everyone has found the new interface to be as easy to use as the older version. If you fall into the category of Google Flights users wanting the old site back, good news: There is a way.
When you get to the Google Flights site, click the little figure that appears to be running at the bottom left of the page. Without any further clicking, you’ll be taken back to the older version of Google Flights.
While the new Google Flights interface does offer increased functionality and search criteria, most of the complaints have been that the new site requires more clicking in order to get the results you want on the first search.
Of course, this switch to the old interface is entirely voluntary and not required to search for flights. But if you’re missing the old Google Flights, this is a good solution. However, you’ll have to do it every time you visit the site.
Unfortunately, for both versions, Google left out the option to filter basic economy results, however, there is a Chrome extension that will help you to do that.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that