How to Revert Your Google Flights to the Old Interface
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Google Flights recently underwent a redesign, unveiling a new interface and additional search functionality. After a soft rollout, Google has since rolled out the new Google Flights on a larger scale.
But, not everyone has found the new interface to be as easy to use as the older version. If you fall into the category of Google Flights users wanting the old site back, good news: There is a way.
When you get to the Google Flights site, click the little figure that appears to be running at the bottom left of the page. Without any further clicking, you’ll be taken back to the older version of Google Flights.
While the new Google Flights interface does offer increased functionality and search criteria, most of the complaints have been that the new site requires more clicking in order to get the results you want on the first search.
Of course, this switch to the old interface is entirely voluntary and not required to search for flights. But if you’re missing the old Google Flights, this is a good solution. However, you’ll have to do it every time you visit the site.
Unfortunately, for both versions, Google left out the option to filter basic economy results, however, there is a Chrome extension that will help you to do that.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.