New ‘Game of Thrones’ Museum Opens in Split, Croatia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Game of Thrones” fans will come to the end of a very long, very bloody adventure through the lands of Westeros on Sunday as HBO airs the final episode of its hit television series. It’s anyone’s guess who is going to win the game of thrones — or maybe, as George R.R. Martin has been telling us for years, everyone dies.
But the GoT series will live on in some ways. The television show has been a boon to locales where it was filmed, including Iceland, Northern Ireland, Spain and Croatia. And fans now have yet another way to get their GoT fix at a new museum that opened recently in Split, Croatia.
The Game of Thrones Museum is the latest in fan attractions around the Split area, which also includes the Diocletian’s cellars where Daenerys chained her dragons. “Everything is just like in the series. The exhibits are exact replicas of scenes, symbols and characters from the GoT,” Luka Gaelic, the person behind museum told the Croatia Times. “Over forty people worked on this project, all of them huge fans of HBO’s dark fable that we wanted to present here.”
Fans can geek out over swords, costumes, set items, skulls and even a full set of King’s Guard armor. The museum features five rooms, each themed around a location in the show such as Meereen, King’s Landing, Winterfell and even a trip inside the Weirwood tree beyond the wall.
The new museum is just the latest in a number of attractions that will allow fans of the hit show to continue to enjoy everything GoT long after Sunday’s series finale. If you want to take your fandom to the next level check out these other GoT posts for more information:
- Unbelievable Castles From “Game of Thrones” You Can Visit in Real Life
- Magical Destinations Where “Game of Thrones” Fans Can Travel Long After the Show Ends
- Here’s How You Can Tour Croatia’s “Game of Thrones” Sites for Less Than $100
- You Can Now Visit Westeros IRL in Northern Ireland
- A First-Timer’s Guide to Croatia
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Philippe Giraud/Corbis via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees