New ‘Game of Thrones’ Museum Opens in Split, Croatia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“Game of Thrones” fans will come to the end of a very long, very bloody adventure through the lands of Westeros on Sunday as HBO airs the final episode of its hit television series. It’s anyone’s guess who is going to win the game of thrones — or maybe, as George R.R. Martin has been telling us for years, everyone dies.
But the GoT series will live on in some ways. The television show has been a boon to locales where it was filmed, including Iceland, Northern Ireland, Spain and Croatia. And fans now have yet another way to get their GoT fix at a new museum that opened recently in Split, Croatia.
The Game of Thrones Museum is the latest in fan attractions around the Split area, which also includes the Diocletian’s cellars where Daenerys chained her dragons. “Everything is just like in the series. The exhibits are exact replicas of scenes, symbols and characters from the GoT,” Luka Gaelic, the person behind museum told the Croatia Times. “Over forty people worked on this project, all of them huge fans of HBO’s dark fable that we wanted to present here.”
Fans can geek out over swords, costumes, set items, skulls and even a full set of King’s Guard armor. The museum features five rooms, each themed around a location in the show such as Meereen, King’s Landing, Winterfell and even a trip inside the Weirwood tree beyond the wall.
The new museum is just the latest in a number of attractions that will allow fans of the hit show to continue to enjoy everything GoT long after Sunday’s series finale. If you want to take your fandom to the next level check out these other GoT posts for more information:
- Unbelievable Castles From “Game of Thrones” You Can Visit in Real Life
- Magical Destinations Where “Game of Thrones” Fans Can Travel Long After the Show Ends
- Here’s How You Can Tour Croatia’s “Game of Thrones” Sites for Less Than $100
- You Can Now Visit Westeros IRL in Northern Ireland
- A First-Timer’s Guide to Croatia
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Philippe Giraud/Corbis via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.