Join Frontier’s Discount Den, get a $50 flight voucher and access to Kids Fly Free
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier, the Denver-based discount airline, is running a promotion this week for its Discount Den membership. Through December 30, when you purchase a membership ($60 per year) you’ll receive a $50 flight voucher. The voucher will be emailed to you on January 2 and must be used Mar. 30.
The main drawback of low-cost carriers is the fees that get tacked on for everything from seat selection to carry-on bags. With a Discount Den membership you won’t save on ancillary fees, but you (and up to six people traveling with you) will have access to Frontier’s cheapest fares. The discount varies depending on the flight, but most often you’ll save $10 each way.
Frontier maintains a consistently updated flight sales page and, at times, the best deals are only available to Discount Den members. It’s common to see one-way flights for as little as $15-$20.
But for families, the best feature of a Discount Den membership is the Kids Fly Free promo. With Kids Fly Free one child (under 15 years old) can fly free with each adult ticket, but there are restrictions. Only flights on the days listed below are available for the promotion. And there are blackout dates and certain markets that are excluded.
Summer Hull, head of TPG Family, was able to save more than double the cost of a membership on her first flight thanks to the Kids Fly Free promotion.
This promotion has been extended and modified since it’s introduction. Currently, the Kids Fly Free deal is only valid on domestic round-trip travel through Aug. 8, but you’ll need to book the flight by Jan. 8. Also, a 14-day advance purchase is required. You can see the program’s up-to-date terms here.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees