Join Frontier’s Discount Den, get a $50 flight voucher and access to Kids Fly Free
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier, the Denver-based discount airline, is running a promotion this week for its Discount Den membership. Through December 30, when you purchase a membership ($60 per year) you’ll receive a $50 flight voucher. The voucher will be emailed to you on January 2 and must be used Mar. 30.
The main drawback of low-cost carriers is the fees that get tacked on for everything from seat selection to carry-on bags. With a Discount Den membership you won’t save on ancillary fees, but you (and up to six people traveling with you) will have access to Frontier’s cheapest fares. The discount varies depending on the flight, but most often you’ll save $10 each way.
Frontier maintains a consistently updated flight sales page and, at times, the best deals are only available to Discount Den members. It’s common to see one-way flights for as little as $15-$20.
But for families, the best feature of a Discount Den membership is the Kids Fly Free promo. With Kids Fly Free one child (under 15 years old) can fly free with each adult ticket, but there are restrictions. Only flights on the days listed below are available for the promotion. And there are blackout dates and certain markets that are excluded.
Summer Hull, head of TPG Family, was able to save more than double the cost of a membership on her first flight thanks to the Kids Fly Free promotion.
This promotion has been extended and modified since it’s introduction. Currently, the Kids Fly Free deal is only valid on domestic round-trip travel through Aug. 8, but you’ll need to book the flight by Jan. 8. Also, a 14-day advance purchase is required. You can see the program’s up-to-date terms here.
Featured photo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.