Frontier Airlines Adds 100th Destination City to the Route Map
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Ultra low-cost carrier, Frontier Airlines, is trying to become more family-friendly. One of the most practical ways to meet the needs of traveling families is to simply fly where folks want to go and offer tickets at reasonable prices. Today, Frontier hit a big milestone in that quest as is added the 100th destination to its route map with the addition of seasonal service from Denver International Airport (DEN) and Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to Harlingen Valley International Airport (HRL) in Texas. Service in Harlingen kicks off on November 21 for flights to/from Chicago and November 22 for flights to/from Denver.
Harlingen flights are available for sale now from about $49 each way, though flights during the peak winter holiday dates are significantly pricier. If you are looking to use Frontier miles on this route, flights are available from 10k Frontier miles each way, with peak dates costing double that amount. Of course, when airfare prices are that low you are often better served using points from a fixed-value rewards card such as the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card than worrying about airline award charts and availability.
While the following don’t represent new destinations for Frontier, there were four additional new seasonal routes announced today:
- Philadelphia (PHL) – Sarasota (SRQ) beginning Dec. 10
- Chicago O’Hare (ORD) – Palm Springs (PSP) beginning Dec. 14
- Las Vegas (LAS) – San Jose Del Cabo (SJD) beginning Dec. 15
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Cancun (CUN) beginning Dec. 21
If a Frontier Airlines flight is in your near future, be sure and register for their fast-track to elite status promotion. You can earn their base-level Elite 20k status by registering, and flying four eligible segments on Frontier by October 15, 2018. Your 20k elite status would then be valid until December 31, 2018. You must register for the promotion at least 48 hours before taking your first qualifying flight, and your fast-track Elite20k status should be reflected within 48 hours of your final qualifying flight. If you want more than a few months of Frontier elite status, remember that their co-branded credit card now earns elite status qualifying miles.
Frontier Airlines’ business model is to sell cheap tickets and then charge extra for almost everything. They certainly aren’t the right choice for everyone, but sometimes the cheapest flight wins. With 100 destinations in their network (and growing), Frontier can get you to more places than ever before.
Featured image by Tomás Del Coro via Flickr.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees