Earn Elite Status With Just 2 Round-Trip Flights on Frontier Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ultra low-cost air carrier and airline elite status perks may sound like mutually exclusive concepts, but they actually go together like syrup and waffles when done correctly. Earlier this summer, Frontier Airlines completely overhauled its frequent flyer program to expand benefits, create new status levels, add new avenues to earn elite status and make its elite status more valuable to family travelers. If you fly enough on Frontier Airlines (or spend enough on its co-branded credit card), you can now get free advance seat assignments, waived bag fees, free Discount Den membership and more. At the higher status tiers, many of these perks are not just valid for the traveler with elite status, but for the entire family on the reservation!
Of course, starting from zero earning elite status is never fun, so Frontier has released a promotion that will get you to its first-tier Elite20K status with just two round-trip flights! The entry-level Elite20k status level normally requires 20,000 eligible flown miles and/or $20,000 spent on the Frontier co-branded credit card (or a combination of the two). Frontier Elite20k level gives you a free full-sized carry-on bag, complimentary seat assignment at booking and enables your family to pool miles together to book awards faster. With this status level, a roomier stretch seat is complimentary at check-in, if available.
With the new Frontier fast-track to elite status promotion, you can book and fly two Frontier round-trips (four nonstop flights) by October 15, 2018, to receive Elite 20k status until December 31, 2018. You must register for the promotion at least 48 hours before taking your first qualifying flight, and your Elite20k status should be reflected within 48 hours of your final qualifying flight. I confirmed with Frontier that flights booked before registering for the promotion are still eligible during the promotion as long as you have registered at least 48 hours before your qualifying flight.
Additionally, Frontier is counting this promotion by segments, so you only need four segments to qualify for elite status. This means that one eligible round trip flight with a connection each way, for a total of four individual flights, would work to earn you elite status! Award tickets or complimentary tickets of any kind are not considered qualifying flights for the purposes of this promotion.
Frontier Airlines’ entry-level status isn’t great for those who travel with a family because most of the perks at that level are just for the traveler with status, but earning airline elite status with just two round-trip flights isn’t a bad deal when you consider that Frontier flights are sometimes available for just $15 each way. At those prices, maybe your whole family will end up with their own Frontier elite status and perks!
Thank you to The Short Final for spotting this offer.
Featured image by Kathryn Scott Osler/The Denver Post via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees