Earn Elite Status With Just 2 Round-Trip Flights on Frontier Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ultra low-cost air carrier and airline elite status perks may sound like mutually exclusive concepts, but they actually go together like syrup and waffles when done correctly. Earlier this summer, Frontier Airlines completely overhauled its frequent flyer program to expand benefits, create new status levels, add new avenues to earn elite status and make its elite status more valuable to family travelers. If you fly enough on Frontier Airlines (or spend enough on its co-branded credit card), you can now get free advance seat assignments, waived bag fees, free Discount Den membership and more. At the higher status tiers, many of these perks are not just valid for the traveler with elite status, but for the entire family on the reservation!
Of course, starting from zero earning elite status is never fun, so Frontier has released a promotion that will get you to its first-tier Elite20K status with just two round-trip flights! The entry-level Elite20k status level normally requires 20,000 eligible flown miles and/or $20,000 spent on the Frontier co-branded credit card (or a combination of the two). Frontier Elite20k level gives you a free full-sized carry-on bag, complimentary seat assignment at booking and enables your family to pool miles together to book awards faster. With this status level, a roomier stretch seat is complimentary at check-in, if available.
With the new Frontier fast-track to elite status promotion, you can book and fly two Frontier round-trips (four nonstop flights) by October 15, 2018, to receive Elite 20k status until December 31, 2018. You must register for the promotion at least 48 hours before taking your first qualifying flight, and your Elite20k status should be reflected within 48 hours of your final qualifying flight. I confirmed with Frontier that flights booked before registering for the promotion are still eligible during the promotion as long as you have registered at least 48 hours before your qualifying flight.
Additionally, Frontier is counting this promotion by segments, so you only need four segments to qualify for elite status. This means that one eligible round trip flight with a connection each way, for a total of four individual flights, would work to earn you elite status! Award tickets or complimentary tickets of any kind are not considered qualifying flights for the purposes of this promotion.
Frontier Airlines’ entry-level status isn’t great for those who travel with a family because most of the perks at that level are just for the traveler with status, but earning airline elite status with just two round-trip flights isn’t a bad deal when you consider that Frontier flights are sometimes available for just $15 each way. At those prices, maybe your whole family will end up with their own Frontier elite status and perks!
Thank you to The Short Final for spotting this offer.
Featured image by Kathryn Scott Osler/The Denver Post via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.