You Can Now Order Fondue on Swiss International Air Lines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Swiss International Air Lines brought in a new iteration of its seasonal Swiss Saveurs menu on December 1, and one of its outrageous additions is cheese fondue. The best part? All classes, from economy to first, are welcome to indulge.
This winter menu’s fondue is comprised of a traditional cheese ratio: Half Vacherin Fribourgeois cheese and half Gruyère cheese. The fondue is served with bread for dipping, but can also be accompanied by a charcuterie board, complete with dried meats, cured ham and Gruyère salami. The fondue costs 17 Swiss Franc (about $17).
The Swiss Saveurs menu that has been introduced by the airline is an effort to bring Swiss-inspired food options, like fondue, to all cabins for enjoyment. It was designed in conjunction with the Geneva subsidiary Globus and it prides itself on fresh food options made on a daily basis using local and seasonal ingredients.
But this season’s menu doesn’t only consist of fondue. Throughout the winter, travelers can treat themselves to authentic Swiss hot chocolate and fresh pain au lait served with a Cailler chocolate bar. According to Swiss, many of these delicacies are intended to be reminiscent of childhood memories.
In addition, passengers can try the airline’s Bircher muesli or order the month’s special sandwich.
If you’re looking to live the luxe life of eating fondue tens of thousands of feet in the air, you can order it on flights from from Geneva to Malaga, Athens, Stockholm, Moscow, Gothenburg, Hurghada, Lisbon, St. Petersburg and Marrakesh.
Featured image by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.