This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Swiss International Air Lines brought in a new iteration of its seasonal Swiss Saveurs menu on December 1, and one of its outrageous additions is cheese fondue. The best part? All classes, from economy to first, are welcome to indulge.
This winter menu’s fondue is comprised of a traditional cheese ratio: Half Vacherin Fribourgeois cheese and half Gruyère cheese. The fondue is served with bread for dipping, but can also be accompanied by a charcuterie board, complete with dried meats, cured ham and Gruyère salami. The fondue costs 17 Swiss Franc (about $17).
The Swiss Saveurs menu that has been introduced by the airline is an effort to bring Swiss-inspired food options, like fondue, to all cabins for enjoyment. It was designed in conjunction with the Geneva subsidiary Globus and it prides itself on fresh food options made on a daily basis using local and seasonal ingredients.
But this season’s menu doesn’t only consist of fondue. Throughout the winter, travelers can treat themselves to authentic Swiss hot chocolate and fresh pain au lait served with a Cailler chocolate bar. According to Swiss, many of these delicacies are intended to be reminiscent of childhood memories.
In addition, passengers can try the airline’s Bircher muesli or order the month’s special sandwich.
If you’re looking to live the luxe life of eating fondue tens of thousands of feet in the air, you can order it on flights from from Geneva to Malaga, Athens, Stockholm, Moscow, Gothenburg, Hurghada, Lisbon, St. Petersburg and Marrakesh.
Featured image by Getty Images
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees