You Can Now Order Fondue on Swiss International Air Lines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Swiss International Air Lines brought in a new iteration of its seasonal Swiss Saveurs menu on December 1, and one of its outrageous additions is cheese fondue. The best part? All classes, from economy to first, are welcome to indulge.
This winter menu’s fondue is comprised of a traditional cheese ratio: Half Vacherin Fribourgeois cheese and half Gruyère cheese. The fondue is served with bread for dipping, but can also be accompanied by a charcuterie board, complete with dried meats, cured ham and Gruyère salami. The fondue costs 17 Swiss Franc (about $17).
The Swiss Saveurs menu that has been introduced by the airline is an effort to bring Swiss-inspired food options, like fondue, to all cabins for enjoyment. It was designed in conjunction with the Geneva subsidiary Globus and it prides itself on fresh food options made on a daily basis using local and seasonal ingredients.
But this season’s menu doesn’t only consist of fondue. Throughout the winter, travelers can treat themselves to authentic Swiss hot chocolate and fresh pain au lait served with a Cailler chocolate bar. According to Swiss, many of these delicacies are intended to be reminiscent of childhood memories.
In addition, passengers can try the airline’s Bircher muesli or order the month’s special sandwich.
If you’re looking to live the luxe life of eating fondue tens of thousands of feet in the air, you can order it on flights from from Geneva to Malaga, Athens, Stockholm, Moscow, Gothenburg, Hurghada, Lisbon, St. Petersburg and Marrakesh.
Featured image by Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees