AA’s Main Cabin Menu Gets a Fresh, Healthy Makeover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bored of the boxed fare currently available on planes? American Airlines is sprucing up its menu game with new, healthy options through its partnership with fast casual restaurant chain Zoës Kitchen.
The new menu is the brainchild of Zoës Head Chef and Vice President of Culinary Innovation Antonio Iocchi, and includes some of Zoës signature dishes, such as the signature hummus and The Grüben sandwich. Other offerings are exclusive to AA.
Curious and hungry travelers will be able to sample the new food beginning December 1. From that date, the new options will be available for purchase on most AA domestic flights longer than three hours. The options include a turkey bacon breakfast sandwich on brioche; a continental breakfast box with Belgian waffle, hazelnut spread and fresh berries; Zoës signature Grüben turkey sandwich with crunchy Mediterranean slaw on marble wheat bread, which comes with a chocolate chip cookie; a grilled chicken wrap also with chocolate chip cookie; and a two-flavor signature hummus duo featuring classic with Kalamata olives as well as a basil pesto hummus, which comes with pita bread, cucumber and carrot sticks.
Pricing will be as follows:
- Breakfast Sandwich: $8.79
- Continental Breakfast Box: $8.99
- The Grüben: $10.99
- Chicken Wrap: $10.99
- Hummus Duo: $9.99
Fans of the old fare will still be able to purchase the airline’s signature fruit and cheese plate, as well as the breakfast platter.
All photos courtesy of American Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees