AA’s Main Cabin Menu Gets a Fresh, Healthy Makeover
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bored of the boxed fare currently available on planes? American Airlines is sprucing up its menu game with new, healthy options through its partnership with fast casual restaurant chain Zoës Kitchen.
The new menu is the brainchild of Zoës Head Chef and Vice President of Culinary Innovation Antonio Iocchi, and includes some of Zoës signature dishes, such as the signature hummus and The Grüben sandwich. Other offerings are exclusive to AA.
Curious and hungry travelers will be able to sample the new food beginning December 1. From that date, the new options will be available for purchase on most AA domestic flights longer than three hours. The options include a turkey bacon breakfast sandwich on brioche; a continental breakfast box with Belgian waffle, hazelnut spread and fresh berries; Zoës signature Grüben turkey sandwich with crunchy Mediterranean slaw on marble wheat bread, which comes with a chocolate chip cookie; a grilled chicken wrap also with chocolate chip cookie; and a two-flavor signature hummus duo featuring classic with Kalamata olives as well as a basil pesto hummus, which comes with pita bread, cucumber and carrot sticks.
Pricing will be as follows:
- Breakfast Sandwich: $8.79
- Continental Breakfast Box: $8.99
- The Grüben: $10.99
- Chicken Wrap: $10.99
- Hummus Duo: $9.99
Fans of the old fare will still be able to purchase the airline’s signature fruit and cheese plate, as well as the breakfast platter.
All photos courtesy of American Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees