First Glimpse of Air France’s New Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France’s brand new A350 has been spotted on Twitter, fresh out of Airbus’s paint shop in Toulouse, France.
The plane boasts a simple update to the airline’s classic livery, which passengers can expect to see on the runway in Toronto as soon as November, operating daily nonstop flights to Paris. The Air France-KLM group has 28 Airbus A350s on order, with 21 of them to be delivered in Air France’s colors.
The Air France A350s will feature a new business-class product that differs from its premium cabins on other aircraft. The plane will be given a 1-2-1 layout similar to the United Polaris product, with 34 lie-flat Zodiac Optima seats available. The carrier will also offer 24 premium economy seats in a 2-4-2 layout, with the remaining 266 seats in a standard 3-3-3 economy layout.
Business passengers who want the best Air France experience should do some research before booking, as there’s already a pretty big difference between biz on the airline’s A380s, its Boeing 777s and its Airbus A330 flights. Still, the new option on the A350 looks like a promising improvement over even the best of the other current offerings, and we’re excited to see it fly.
Featured photo of an Air France A350 in progress by F. Lancelot, master films by Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees