First Glimpse of Air France’s New Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France’s brand new A350 has been spotted on Twitter, fresh out of Airbus’s paint shop in Toulouse, France.
The plane boasts a simple update to the airline’s classic livery, which passengers can expect to see on the runway in Toronto as soon as November, operating daily nonstop flights to Paris. The Air France-KLM group has 28 Airbus A350s on order, with 21 of them to be delivered in Air France’s colors.
The Air France A350s will feature a new business-class product that differs from its premium cabins on other aircraft. The plane will be given a 1-2-1 layout similar to the United Polaris product, with 34 lie-flat Zodiac Optima seats available. The carrier will also offer 24 premium economy seats in a 2-4-2 layout, with the remaining 266 seats in a standard 3-3-3 economy layout.
Business passengers who want the best Air France experience should do some research before booking, as there’s already a pretty big difference between biz on the airline’s A380s, its Boeing 777s and its Airbus A330 flights. Still, the new option on the A350 looks like a promising improvement over even the best of the other current offerings, and we’re excited to see it fly.
Featured photo of an Air France A350 in progress by F. Lancelot, master films by Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.