2 New Lounges Coming to Sacramento Airport — Accessible With Amex Platinum
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The greater California Bay Area has four large international airports although the one most under-the-radar is likely the state’s capital airport, Sacramento International (SMF). While it serves about 12 million passengers a year, it doesn’t have any lounges for passengers to relax pre-flight.
Good news for those flying out of the airport, as the Sacramento Bee reports it will be getting two new lounges and updated amenities this spring.
Most importantly, each of the airport’s two terminals will each get their own Escape Lounge. Escape Lounges are independently run and not affiliated with Priority Pass. However, they do have a deal with American Express that grants those with The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express complimentary entrance.
There’s an Escape Lounge at Oakland airport (OAK) that’s received great reviews and sits somewhere between an Amex Centurion Lounge and a domestic airline lounge. It features high-quality food, although the space itself isn’t very large and doesn’t offer many complimentary drinks.
There are 11 other Escape Lounges including locations at Reno-Tahoe (RNO), Minneapolis (MSP) and Hartford (BDL).
At Oakland, passengers traveling with British Airways, Azores Airlines and Norwegian in premium cabins get complimentary access to the Escape lounge, so it’s possible other airlines flying from Sacramento will strike a similar deal with Escape to offer pre-departure access when flying in first and business.
The Reno and Oakland Escape Lounges charge $40-$45 for entrance for those who don’t have access through an Amex Platinum or an airline — passengers can likely expect to pay similar prices at Sacramento.
American, Delta and United all fly out of Sacramento, but Southwest has the largest presence at the airport.
The construction will start in February and is expected to last three months. In addition to the lounges, the airport will get an art gallery, a handful of new shops, restaurants and even a “flavored water bar.”
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Brian Biros / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees