2,000 free miles just for signing up for this lucrative mileage program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As a general rule, we never turn down free miles, because, well…they’re free. Which is why we suggest everyone take advantage of a new offer from Emirates to join their Skywards reward program. As Frequent Flyer Bonuses first reported, the airline is offering new signups 2,000 free miles simply for signing up for Skywards.
All you have to do is use the promo code FLYDUBAI to qualify for the bonus. The miles will post instantly into your account once you enroll. That’s it; no other requirements are needed to qualify for the bonus. Click here to sign up and learn more about the offer.
To get more TPG travel news, tips and offers sent to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter
As we said at the top, AvGeeks should always jump at any chance to grab free miles, even if you don’t regularly fly that airline.
One reason why the Emirates offer is especially appealing is that the carrier is partnered with all the major transferable currencies.
You can transfer credit card points from all four major issuers into Emirates Skywards program.
Some of the best redemptions we’ve seen have been people using Amex or Chase points to book Emirates’ legendary first class.You too can experience the famous Emirates sky-bound luxury.
Related: Best ways to book Emirates
Skywards can also help you land cheaper JetBlue redemptions. You can now use Emirates Skywards miles for JetBlue flights including its famous Mint business class. It’s sometimes a great use of miles.
A few details to note: The bonus miles are only valid for one year before they expire, though some accounts are showing expiration dates 15 months after account opening.
The offer is open until March 31, 2022, so you can extend your travel window by waiting as close to that date as possible to sign up. One option for using the miles is Emirates Skywards Cash+Miles redemptions which just happens to require a minimum of 2,000 miles to be utilized.
Related: An inside look at Emirates Skywards
If you have trouble signing up at first, be sure to try shutting the browser window and logging back in using the password you created. TPG’s Clint Henderson had trouble getting it to work at first but once he closed the browser and logged back in, the 2,000 miles showed up right away.
Featured image by: AaronP/Bauer-Griffin for Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees