Emirates’ Revamped Lounge at New York’s JFK Opens July 23
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Emirates retrofits planes with over-the-top first-class suites and refreshed business class seats, it’s also overhauling its lounges at airports around the world. And this week, another one of those renovated lounges will open in the US.
After being closed for nearly a year, Emirates is reopening the doors to its lounge at New York’s JFK Airport on Monday, July 23, with an all new look. The airline has kept a tight lid on the details, but if it looks anything like the recently updated lounge in Singapore (SIN) or its $6.2 million lounge at LAX, it shouldn’t disappoint. Plus, the lounges typically feature an extensive buffet with a wide array of delicious dishes and fully stocked bars to match.
The lounge is located in JFK’s Terminal 4, where Emirates’ three daily flights to its hub in Dubai (DXB) and one daily fifth freedom flight to Milan (MXP) depart from. Complimentary access will be available for business and first class passengers, as well as Gold and Platinum Skywards elites traveling on an Emirates or Qantas codeshare flight. Other passengers traveling with the carrier will be able purchase access for $100.
TPG is working with Emirates to get a first look inside the new lounge, so stay tuned for a complete review to come later this week.
Featured image of one of the Emirates lounges in Dubai by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.