This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Emirates retrofits planes with over-the-top first-class suites and refreshed business class seats, it’s also overhauling its lounges at airports around the world. And this week, another one of those renovated lounges will open in the US.
After being closed for nearly a year, Emirates is reopening the doors to its lounge at New York’s JFK Airport on Monday, July 23, with an all new look. The airline has kept a tight lid on the details, but if it looks anything like the recently updated lounge in Singapore (SIN) or its $6.2 million lounge at LAX, it shouldn’t disappoint. Plus, the lounges typically feature an extensive buffet with a wide array of delicious dishes and fully stocked bars to match.
The lounge is located in JFK’s Terminal 4, where Emirates’ three daily flights to its hub in Dubai (DXB) and one daily fifth freedom flight to Milan (MXP) depart from. Complimentary access will be available for business and first class passengers, as well as Gold and Platinum Skywards elites traveling on an Emirates or Qantas codeshare flight. Other passengers traveling with the carrier will be able purchase access for $100.
TPG is working with Emirates to get a first look inside the new lounge, so stay tuned for a complete review to come later this week.
Featured image of one of the Emirates lounges in Dubai by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards