Emirates’ Revamped Lounge at New York’s JFK Opens July 23
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As Emirates retrofits planes with over-the-top first-class suites and refreshed business class seats, it’s also overhauling its lounges at airports around the world. And this week, another one of those renovated lounges will open in the US.
After being closed for nearly a year, Emirates is reopening the doors to its lounge at New York’s JFK Airport on Monday, July 23, with an all new look. The airline has kept a tight lid on the details, but if it looks anything like the recently updated lounge in Singapore (SIN) or its $6.2 million lounge at LAX, it shouldn’t disappoint. Plus, the lounges typically feature an extensive buffet with a wide array of delicious dishes and fully stocked bars to match.
The lounge is located in JFK’s Terminal 4, where Emirates’ three daily flights to its hub in Dubai (DXB) and one daily fifth freedom flight to Milan (MXP) depart from. Complimentary access will be available for business and first class passengers, as well as Gold and Platinum Skywards elites traveling on an Emirates or Qantas codeshare flight. Other passengers traveling with the carrier will be able purchase access for $100.
TPG is working with Emirates to get a first look inside the new lounge, so stay tuned for a complete review to come later this week.
Featured image of one of the Emirates lounges in Dubai by Zach Honig / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.