El Al Will Fly Between Tel Aviv and Las Vegas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the last few years Israeli airline El Al has been on a campaign to update its fleet and expand its route network. It’s steadily built out its fleet of Boeing 787 Dreamliners while retiring older Boeing wide-bodies like the 747 and 767.
Now, to add to its four US routes, El Al will begin flying from Tel Aviv (TLV) to Las Vegas (LAS) on June 14, 2019.
Currently the airline flies to New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX) and will launch flights to San Francisco (SFO) in May 2019.
The new route will run once a week and will be operated by one of the airline’s new Dreamliners, reports Globes. El Al has taken delivery of seven 787-9s, it has another nine on order including the smaller -8 model. The flight schedule is as follows:
- Fridays: Tel Aviv (TLV) 7:00am Departure → Las Vegas (LAS) 11:15am Arrival
- Saturdays: Las Vegas (LAS) 11:45pm Departure → Tel Aviv (TLV) 10:15pm (+1) Arrival
TPG’s Emily McNutt reviewed El Al’s 787-9 on the Newark – Tel Aviv route and gave the product solid marks — noting that it was a huge improvement over its older planes.
The aircraft features 28 premium economy seats in a 2-3-2 layout.
The economy cabin fits 222 people in a 3-3-3 configuration.
It’s a bit unclear as to why the airline decided to launch the route, but Globes reports that the Israeli government is providing a €250,000 subsidy for the route. Israeli Minister of Tourism Yariv Levin said that Israel is seeing a “rising trend of Christian tourists from Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Oregon,” reports CTech, which seems a bit antithetical to Las Vegas’ moniker: Sin City.
Although tickets are reportedly are on sale, I wasn’t able to find any on El Al’s website or Google Flights. Additionally, you can transfer Amex Membership Rewards to El Al’s Matmid rewards, although redemption rates are pretty terrible through the program.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
All images by Emily McNutt / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees