This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
While you may not be earning American Airlines’ Executive Platinum or Delta Diamond Medallion status, National Car Rental has launched a promotion where you can easily earn top-tier elite status with the car rental company.
From now through Jan. 31, 2019, any American Express cardholder can earn National Executive Elite status after paying for just one car rental with their Amex card. This also entitles them to five Emerald Club Credits, which can be used for a free daylong car rental. Once you’ve completed the promotion, your status should last through February 2020.
You can enroll for the promotion here, but note that you must be a new member to National’s rewards program. However, reports indicate that current members are getting upgraded to Executive Elite status.
According to National, your Executive Elite status means access to the following benefits and more:
- Reserve a mid-size car to get access to Emerald Aisle
- Guaranteed upgrades: reserve and pay for a mid-size, drive away in a vehicle in a higher class
- A guaranteed car (up to fullsize) with 24-hour notice when you reserve using the midsize rate (in US and Canada)
- Earn rental credits faster, which means a faster path to free rentals
- No Second Driver Fees
This promotion is quite good since there aren’t any other ways to earn top status this quickly — both the Platinum Card from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve only offer complimentary Executive status at National.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Becker Bredel/ullstein bild via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees