Earn 1,000 American AAdvantage Miles by Spending $1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Here’s an easy and cheap way to top off your American Airlines AAdvantage account. You can earn 1,000 American miles and a subscription to the Wall Street Journal for just $1.
The American Airlines shopping portal launched the a limited-time promotion, where you’ll net 1,000 miles and a two-month subscription to the Wall Street Journal for just $1. The deal ends Monday, Oct. 15 at 11:59pm ET.
1,000 American miles are worth $14 according to TPG’s latest valuations — after taking the $1 purchase into consideration you’re effectively coming out with $13 worth of miles. Note that the deal’s terms say your subscription “must remain active (i.e., may not be canceled) for at least 45 days.” So if you’re not happy with the Wall Street Journal, you’ll want to cancel it after the first 45 days, but before two months so you won’t be hit with new fees after the trial period is over.
To keep your costs low, stick with the digital subscription trial for $1 — a print subscription trial, although also on sale, starts at $12 for the introductory 12-week period.
While 1,000 miles may not be a whole lot, it’s a cheap way to build up your balance and a great way to extend the expiration of your miles if your hard-earned currency is in jeopardy of disappearing. And, you’re just a little bit closer to that dream redemption in Qatar’s Qsuite or Cathay Pacific First Class.
Want even more AA miles? Consider signing up for an American cobranded credit card like the Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard, which is currently offering 50,000 American AAdvantage miles after spending $2,500 in the first 3 months of account opening. The premium Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard, which offers access to Admirals Club lounges, is featuring an increased welcome bonus of 75,000 miles after spending $7,500 in the first three months of cardmembership. The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees