Dubai Holds Spot as World’s Busiest Airport for International Travel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dubai International Airport (DXB) continues to hold the No. 1 spot for the world’s busiest airport for international traffic.
The title holder since beating out London Heathrow Airport (LHR) in 2014, DXB has now been in the No. 1 spot for the sixth consecutive year. The airport also announced that it welcomed a record-breaking 89 million passengers in 2018, as compared to 88.2 million passengers in 2017. Airport officials have expressed plans to reach 100 million passengers by 2020.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) still remains the busiest airport in the world overall with DXB in third place, according to Airline Weekly.
If you happen to be flying into DXB sometime soon, check out our guide on how to make the most of your time and money in Dubai using points and miles.
Featured image by altrendo travel via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.