Dream Job Alert: You Can Tour the US While Eating Endless Amounts of Chocolate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you thought touring the country in a giant wiener truck sounded like a fun job, you’re going to love this. An Amsterdam-based chocolate company, Tony’s Chocoloney, is hitting the US with a 10-city Chocotour this Spring. The company is on the hunt for chocolate aficionados willing to travel around the country on its over-the-top vehicle, dubbed the Chocotruck. The best part? This dream job includes all the chocolate you can eat!
Tony’s Chocoloney is looking to hire one Chocotruck Captain and two Choco Co-Pilots to lead the 3-month-long tour. The jobs come with a competitive salary and have the possibility of turning into a full-time position. The lucky winners will get to tour the country in the company’s Chocotruck, taking on responsibilities like stocking the truck with chocolate, managing the activations and snapping photos.
If endless chocolate wasn’t enough, other perks of the job include monthly massages, weekly yoga and accommodations.
The tour will kick off in Austin, Texas, for the SXSW festival. Additional cities on the tour include:
• Phoenix, AZ
• San Diego, CA
• Los Angeles, CA
• San Francisco, CA
• Berkeley, CA
• Eugene, OR
• Portland, OR
• Seattle, WA
• Chicago, IL
The Chocotruck team will spread “chocolately goodness” while educating consumers about inequalities in the cocoa industry. Tony’s Chocoloney hopes to shed light on the modern-day slavery and illegal child labor on cocoa farms in West Africa.
“Maybe I’m biased, but these are the best jobs ever. I mean… getting paid to go on a road trip in an epic Chocotruck with the goal of making the world a better place? Yes, please,” said Dena White, US Marketing Manager for Tony’s Chocolonely. “We’re very crazy about chocolate and we want to share the fun with choco fans across the country. But don’t be mistaken. We’re very serious about our mission. Everything we do is to achieve a single goal: to make all chocolate worldwide 100% slave free. The Chocotruck is our way of taking our mission on the road and sharing our story with as many new friends as we can.”
Candidates must be at least 21 years old and authorized to work in the US. Additional requirements include being able to lift up to 40 pounds and possessing a valid driver’s license with a clean record.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.