Dream Job Alert: You Can Tour the US While Eating Endless Amounts of Chocolate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you thought touring the country in a giant wiener truck sounded like a fun job, you’re going to love this. An Amsterdam-based chocolate company, Tony’s Chocoloney, is hitting the US with a 10-city Chocotour this Spring. The company is on the hunt for chocolate aficionados willing to travel around the country on its over-the-top vehicle, dubbed the Chocotruck. The best part? This dream job includes all the chocolate you can eat!
Tony’s Chocoloney is looking to hire one Chocotruck Captain and two Choco Co-Pilots to lead the 3-month-long tour. The jobs come with a competitive salary and have the possibility of turning into a full-time position. The lucky winners will get to tour the country in the company’s Chocotruck, taking on responsibilities like stocking the truck with chocolate, managing the activations and snapping photos.
If endless chocolate wasn’t enough, other perks of the job include monthly massages, weekly yoga and accommodations.
The tour will kick off in Austin, Texas, for the SXSW festival. Additional cities on the tour include:
• Phoenix, AZ
• San Diego, CA
• Los Angeles, CA
• San Francisco, CA
• Berkeley, CA
• Eugene, OR
• Portland, OR
• Seattle, WA
• Chicago, IL
The Chocotruck team will spread “chocolately goodness” while educating consumers about inequalities in the cocoa industry. Tony’s Chocoloney hopes to shed light on the modern-day slavery and illegal child labor on cocoa farms in West Africa.
“Maybe I’m biased, but these are the best jobs ever. I mean… getting paid to go on a road trip in an epic Chocotruck with the goal of making the world a better place? Yes, please,” said Dena White, US Marketing Manager for Tony’s Chocolonely. “We’re very crazy about chocolate and we want to share the fun with choco fans across the country. But don’t be mistaken. We’re very serious about our mission. Everything we do is to achieve a single goal: to make all chocolate worldwide 100% slave free. The Chocotruck is our way of taking our mission on the road and sharing our story with as many new friends as we can.”
Candidates must be at least 21 years old and authorized to work in the US. Additional requirements include being able to lift up to 40 pounds and possessing a valid driver’s license with a clean record.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee