Dream Job Alert: You Could Drive Across the Country in a Wienermobile
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve always fantasized about driving a 27-foot-long hotdog on wheels, Oscar Mayer has a dream job for you.
The purveyor of meats is accepting applications for the role of official “Hotdogger.” According to the company’s website, this person will be responsible for driving the iconic Wienermobile across the country, and will serve as a goodwill ambassador (making television and radio appearances; going on grocery store and military visits; appearing at charity functions).
And according to one former Hotdogger, it’s a great opportunity to hone marketing skills and see the country.
OK, the Hotdogger will basically operate like a traveling public relations mobile. Fortunately, the gig comes with a pretty cool company car.
Oscar Mayer will bestow the keys to the wiener-on-wheels to an outgoing, sociable candidate with a college degree (preferably in journalism or communications). If you don’t have a driver’s license, you’re probably barking up the wrong tree. This person must also be able to commit to a job that’s all about being on the road. (Unfortunately, though the job demands a lot of travel, you won’t be able to rack up many frequent flyer miles.)
If you’re lucky enough to become the Hotdogger, prepare for 40-hours of instruction at Hot Dog High, the company’s training grounds located in Madison, Wisconsin. This is where you’ll learn to navigate the new ride.
Interested in quitting your job to, er, a new job? You have until Jan. 31 to send in your application for the year-long gig, which starts in June, at the very beginning of the dog days of summer.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.