Dream Job Alert: You Could Drive Across the Country in a Wienermobile
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve always fantasized about driving a 27-foot-long hotdog on wheels, Oscar Mayer has a dream job for you.
The purveyor of meats is accepting applications for the role of official “Hotdogger.” According to the company’s website, this person will be responsible for driving the iconic Wienermobile across the country, and will serve as a goodwill ambassador (making television and radio appearances; going on grocery store and military visits; appearing at charity functions).
And according to one former Hotdogger, it’s a great opportunity to hone marketing skills and see the country.
OK, the Hotdogger will basically operate like a traveling public relations mobile. Fortunately, the gig comes with a pretty cool company car.
Oscar Mayer will bestow the keys to the wiener-on-wheels to an outgoing, sociable candidate with a college degree (preferably in journalism or communications). If you don’t have a driver’s license, you’re probably barking up the wrong tree. This person must also be able to commit to a job that’s all about being on the road. (Unfortunately, though the job demands a lot of travel, you won’t be able to rack up many frequent flyer miles.)
If you’re lucky enough to become the Hotdogger, prepare for 40-hours of instruction at Hot Dog High, the company’s training grounds located in Madison, Wisconsin. This is where you’ll learn to navigate the new ride.
Interested in quitting your job to, er, a new job? You have until Jan. 31 to send in your application for the year-long gig, which starts in June, at the very beginning of the dog days of summer.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.