Dream Job Alert: You Could Drive Across the Country in a Wienermobile
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve always fantasized about driving a 27-foot-long hotdog on wheels, Oscar Mayer has a dream job for you.
The purveyor of meats is accepting applications for the role of official “Hotdogger.” According to the company’s website, this person will be responsible for driving the iconic Wienermobile across the country, and will serve as a goodwill ambassador (making television and radio appearances; going on grocery store and military visits; appearing at charity functions).
And according to one former Hotdogger, it’s a great opportunity to hone marketing skills and see the country.
OK, the Hotdogger will basically operate like a traveling public relations mobile. Fortunately, the gig comes with a pretty cool company car.
Oscar Mayer will bestow the keys to the wiener-on-wheels to an outgoing, sociable candidate with a college degree (preferably in journalism or communications). If you don’t have a driver’s license, you’re probably barking up the wrong tree. This person must also be able to commit to a job that’s all about being on the road. (Unfortunately, though the job demands a lot of travel, you won’t be able to rack up many frequent flyer miles.)
If you’re lucky enough to become the Hotdogger, prepare for 40-hours of instruction at Hot Dog High, the company’s training grounds located in Madison, Wisconsin. This is where you’ll learn to navigate the new ride.
Interested in quitting your job to, er, a new job? You have until Jan. 31 to send in your application for the year-long gig, which starts in June, at the very beginning of the dog days of summer.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees