This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve always fantasized about driving a 27-foot-long hotdog on wheels, Oscar Mayer has a dream job for you.
The purveyor of meats is accepting applications for the role of official “Hotdogger.” According to the company’s website, this person will be responsible for driving the iconic Wienermobile across the country, and will serve as a goodwill ambassador (making television and radio appearances; going on grocery store and military visits; appearing at charity functions).
And according to one former Hotdogger, it’s a great opportunity to hone marketing skills and see the country.
OK, the Hotdogger will basically operate like a traveling public relations mobile. Fortunately, the gig comes with a pretty cool company car.
Oscar Mayer will bestow the keys to the wiener-on-wheels to an outgoing, sociable candidate with a college degree (preferably in journalism or communications). If you don’t have a driver’s license, you’re probably barking up the wrong tree. This person must also be able to commit to a job that’s all about being on the road. (Unfortunately, though the job demands a lot of travel, you won’t be able to rack up many frequent flyer miles.)
If you’re lucky enough to become the Hotdogger, prepare for 40-hours of instruction at Hot Dog High, the company’s training grounds located in Madison, Wisconsin. This is where you’ll learn to navigate the new ride.
Interested in quitting your job to, er, a new job? You have until Jan. 31 to send in your application for the year-long gig, which starts in June, at the very beginning of the dog days of summer.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*