Disney World’s Skyliner Is About to Make These 4 Resorts More Desirable
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Circle Sept. 29, 2019, on your calendars. That’s opening day for Walt Disney World‘s Disney Skyliner, a new mode of transportation for some guests and a feature that’s about to make four Disney resorts a whole lot more desirable. This aerial tram connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to Disney’s Art of Animation, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the forthcoming Disney’s Riviera Resort (a Disney Vacation Club property) that is scheduled to open in December.
Previously, if you stayed at any of those four on-site properties, you were relegated to taking Disney’s complimentary bus, calling a ride-share or driving your own car from your hotel to the parks. Now, you’ll simply queue up for a spot in a whimsically decorated cabin on the Disney Skyliner. Your kids will want to ride the aerial tram a bunch of times so they can ride in different gondolas — there are 64 designs in all. Some are devoted to Mickey and Minnie, other favorite traditional characters and those featured in movies “Monsters, Inc.,” “Pirates of the Caribbean,” and “Ratatouille.”
These hotels — and the new aerial gondolas — will be perfect home bases for anyone that plans to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios once it opens on Aug. 29, 2019.
Just take note that the gondolas are not air-conditioned. However, while the tram is moving, a breeze should keep things relatively cool.
Start planning your trip to Walt Disney World now:
- TPG Ultimate Guide to Walt Disney World
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World
- Magic on a Budget: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort in Orlando, Florida
- Review of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Like, Totally Tubular: Disney’s Pop Century Resort in Orlando, Florida
- How to Use Points for Disney Tickets
- How to Ride Every Disney World Ride in One Day
- Best Restaurants at Walt Disney World
- Best $69 You Can Spend at Disney World
- Reasons to Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort
Featured image by Kent Phillips / Walt Disney World Resort
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees