This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Circle Sept. 29, 2019, on your calendars. That’s opening day for Walt Disney World‘s Disney Skyliner, a new mode of transportation for some guests and a feature that’s about to make four Disney resorts a whole lot more desirable. This aerial tram connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to Disney’s Art of Animation, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the forthcoming Disney’s Riviera Resort (a Disney Vacation Club property) that is scheduled to open in December.
Previously, if you stayed at any of those four on-site properties, you were relegated to taking Disney’s complimentary bus, calling a ride-share or driving your own car from your hotel to the parks. Now, you’ll simply queue up for a spot in a whimsically decorated cabin on the Disney Skyliner. Your kids will want to ride the aerial tram a bunch of times so they can ride in different gondolas — there are 64 designs in all. Some are devoted to Mickey and Minnie, other favorite traditional characters and those featured in movies “Monsters, Inc.,” “Pirates of the Caribbean,” and “Ratatouille.”
These hotels — and the new aerial gondolas — will be perfect home bases for anyone that plans to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios once it opens on Aug. 29, 2019.
Just take note that the gondolas are not air-conditioned. However, while the tram is moving, a breeze should keep things relatively cool.
Start planning your trip to Walt Disney World now:
- TPG Ultimate Guide to Walt Disney World
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World
- Magic on a Budget: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort in Orlando, Florida
- Review of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Hotel
- Like, Totally Tubular: Disney’s Pop Century Resort in Orlando, Florida
- How to Use Points for Disney Tickets
- How to Ride Every Disney World Ride in One Day
- Best Restaurants at Walt Disney World
- Best $69 You Can Spend at Disney World
- Reasons to Stay at a Walt Disney World Resort
Featured image by Kent Phillips / Walt Disney World Resort
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel