Disney makes it easier to secure a spot on its most popular rides
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It just got a little easier to enjoy the magic for some of Disney’s most in-demand rides.
Two of Disney’s most popular attractions — Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland and Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure at Disney California Adventure — require joining a boarding group via a virtual queue to receive a time to ride. Needless to say, these two blockbusters draw huge numbers of fans who are all trying to get a place in the virtual line at precisely the same moment.
Now, a small change in the signup process is going to make this process a little smoother.
Get the latest points, miles and travel news by signing up for TPG’s free daily newsletter.
Starting one hour before the boarding group queue opens — usually 7 a.m. for most days and rides — you can now confirm your party size, the first step in joining the queue. (Note a party size can be just one person or can include all of the members of your traveling “family” who have linked reservations).
This step used to take a few precious moments away from trying to get in the virtual queue. Now, you can accomplish this step anywhere between an hour before and just a few minutes before the 7 a.m. queue opening.
Then when the window “opens,” you simply hit “refresh” and you’ve joined the queue. For those in the know, this tip should help you get a boarding group assigned sooner and have you riding Disney’s most popular rides before you can say, “May the Force Be With You.”
Featured photo by Leslie Harvey.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees