Disney Club Level returns — but only at select resorts in 2021
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Disney just released its plan for reopening the Disney Club Level room option this fall.
Disney Club Level is offered at select Disney resorts and offers some perks, heightened service and — most notably — access to the Club Level lounge at your resort. When Disney World first began its phased opening plans, Disney Club lounges remained closed. But thankfully, guests can start making reservations for Club Level rooms and suites on June 4, 2021, for stays at select resorts in the fall.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As with most steps of Disney World’s reopening that dates back to last summer, not all of the Disney’s Club Levels will reopen at once. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa will be the first to open its Royal Palm Club on Sept. 16, 2021. And other resorts are set to follow throughout September and December.
Here’s a snapshot of the reopening dates released by Disney:
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Royal Palm Club – Sept. 16, 2021
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – Sept. 23, 2021
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Sept. 26, 2021
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Dec. 16, 2021
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – Dec. 16, 2021
FOR NO-COST ASSISTANCE WITH PLANNING AND BOOKING YOUR NEXT DISNEY VACATION, CHECK OUT TPG’S DISNEY BOOKING PARTNER, MOUSE COUNSELORS.
There will be changes implemented to promote social distancing measures, and you’ll be required to wear a face mask. Of course, September is a long time out, so policies could change between now and then based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Club Level lounges will still serve exclusive food and drinks throughout the day, but keep in mind that some of the perks associated with Disney Club Level aren’t currently available. Previously, Club Level gave you access to three extra FastPass+ reservations for $50 per person, but FastPass isn’t currently available for any guests.
The price differential for a Club Level room from a similar room without club access varies pretty dramatically throughout the year based on demand, but you can usually expect to pay at least a couple hundred dollars more per night for Club Level.
That’s a Disney-level premium for convenience, but if you are able to regularly grab your family’s breakfast, drinks, snacks and even a light evening meal with desserts from the lounge, then you can make up some of the additional spendings with savings in other areas.
Feature image courtesy of Kent Phillips/Walt Disney World Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees