Delta’s New Safety Video Shows Crew Uniforms From Every Era
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the heels of its launch of new uniforms designed by Zac Posen, Delta’s latest safety video takes passengers on a ride back in time to incorporate each era of its uniforms since the carrier’s inception.
The video is like most other airline safety videos, including safety demonstrations and graphics.
It begins and ends with the flight attendants sporting some pieces of the 2018 Zac Posen collection for Delta, which were modeled by employees yesterday in Atlanta and Minneapolis as well as on board a couple flights. One is shown wearing the proprietary color it has coined ‘Passport Plum.’ The deep purple mixes Delta’s traditional red and blue shades seen in its logo and other branding.
After the display of the newest collection, flight attendants in the video don 14 eras of uniforms, starting with Delta’s first uniform in 1940 – that’s almost 80 years of style. They even include seasonal-wear. My personal favorite uniform (besides the 2018 collection) would have to be the 1975 – 1978 uniform featuring a classic necktie, buckled belt and baby blue short-sleeved dress.
You can watch the video below.
The nod to previous style trends in the industry combined with the appreciation for current fashion makes for a captivating four minute video. Hopefully it helps passengers pay attention to the safety briefing (even those who think they know the instructions!), which after recent incidents in the sky, is of paramount importance.
Featured image by Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.