This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the heels of its launch of new uniforms designed by Zac Posen, Delta’s latest safety video takes passengers on a ride back in time to incorporate each era of its uniforms since the carrier’s inception.
The video is like most other airline safety videos, including safety demonstrations and graphics.
It begins and ends with the flight attendants sporting some pieces of the 2018 Zac Posen collection for Delta, which were modeled by employees yesterday in Atlanta and Minneapolis as well as on board a couple flights. One is shown wearing the proprietary color it has coined ‘Passport Plum.’ The deep purple mixes Delta’s traditional red and blue shades seen in its logo and other branding.
After the display of the newest collection, flight attendants in the video don 14 eras of uniforms, starting with Delta’s first uniform in 1940 – that’s almost 80 years of style. They even include seasonal-wear. My personal favorite uniform (besides the 2018 collection) would have to be the 1975 – 1978 uniform featuring a classic necktie, buckled belt and baby blue short-sleeved dress.
You can watch the video below.
The nod to previous style trends in the industry combined with the appreciation for current fashion makes for a captivating four minute video. Hopefully it helps passengers pay attention to the safety briefing (even those who think they know the instructions!), which after recent incidents in the sky, is of paramount importance.
Featured image by Delta.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards