This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the heels of its launch of new uniforms designed by Zac Posen, Delta’s latest safety video takes passengers on a ride back in time to incorporate each era of its uniforms since the carrier’s inception.
The video is like most other airline safety videos, including safety demonstrations and graphics.
It begins and ends with the flight attendants sporting some pieces of the 2018 Zac Posen collection for Delta, which were modeled by employees yesterday in Atlanta and Minneapolis as well as on board a couple flights. One is shown wearing the proprietary color it has coined ‘Passport Plum.’ The deep purple mixes Delta’s traditional red and blue shades seen in its logo and other branding.
After the display of the newest collection, flight attendants in the video don 14 eras of uniforms, starting with Delta’s first uniform in 1940 – that’s almost 80 years of style. They even include seasonal-wear. My personal favorite uniform (besides the 2018 collection) would have to be the 1975 – 1978 uniform featuring a classic necktie, buckled belt and baby blue short-sleeved dress.
You can watch the video below.
The nod to previous style trends in the industry combined with the appreciation for current fashion makes for a captivating four minute video. Hopefully it helps passengers pay attention to the safety briefing (even those who think they know the instructions!), which after recent incidents in the sky, is of paramount importance.
Featured image by Delta.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees