Delta’s New Safety Video Shows Crew Uniforms From Every Era
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the heels of its launch of new uniforms designed by Zac Posen, Delta’s latest safety video takes passengers on a ride back in time to incorporate each era of its uniforms since the carrier’s inception.
The video is like most other airline safety videos, including safety demonstrations and graphics.
It begins and ends with the flight attendants sporting some pieces of the 2018 Zac Posen collection for Delta, which were modeled by employees yesterday in Atlanta and Minneapolis as well as on board a couple flights. One is shown wearing the proprietary color it has coined ‘Passport Plum.’ The deep purple mixes Delta’s traditional red and blue shades seen in its logo and other branding.
After the display of the newest collection, flight attendants in the video don 14 eras of uniforms, starting with Delta’s first uniform in 1940 – that’s almost 80 years of style. They even include seasonal-wear. My personal favorite uniform (besides the 2018 collection) would have to be the 1975 – 1978 uniform featuring a classic necktie, buckled belt and baby blue short-sleeved dress.
You can watch the video below.
The nod to previous style trends in the industry combined with the appreciation for current fashion makes for a captivating four minute video. Hopefully it helps passengers pay attention to the safety briefing (even those who think they know the instructions!), which after recent incidents in the sky, is of paramount importance.
Featured image by Delta.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees