This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bombardier announced on Wednesday that Delta has signed a firm agreement to buy 20 CRJ900 regional jets — making it the launch operator of Bombardier’s new Atmosphere cabin for CRJ Series regional jets. The actual price paid by Delta for the 70-seat planes hasn’t been announced, but the order is valued at about $961 million based on the list price.
The new Atmosphere cabin will offer an enhanced passenger experience with bigger overhead storage bins, wider aisles and mood lighting. According to Bombardier’s release, the planes will be fitted with “a comfortable two-class regional jet configuration with 70 seats,” which is six seats less than what American Airlines plans to install on its new CRJ900s.
The first deliveries of the CRJ900s are set to take place in late 2018 — before American begins taking delivery of its new planes in the second quarter of 2019 — and will fly under the Delta Connection brand, a wholly owned subsidiary of the carrier.
Although, Bombardier has struggled to keep its CRJ program afloat as it focused more on its new C-Series program, this order brings the number of recorded firm orders for CRJ Series aircraft up to 1,953. Airbus will own a majority stake in the C-Series aircraft, effective July 1.
Featured image courtesy of Bombardier.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees